Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Do we have official logo?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Post Do we have official logo?

    I was just wondering if we have an official logo for geocachingmaine? And if we do where is it and can we get a url so we can link to it if we need to? The reason I asked is ,I answered a question in the Groundspeak forums as to organizations of geocachers and I mentioned our loosely knit group of cachers here in Maine and would have liked to have put up our logo as well. I did put the link to our website but wanted to include the logo as well. Thanks.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    We don't have a "official" logo, but the following is as close as we've come.

    In the thread I started some time ago about forming an association, Rick played around with this logo and I've been using it as the signature on my emails.

    I think it's pretty good...

    http://www.geocachingmaine.org/signatures/signature.jpg

    This automatically updates each time it's run.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,058

    Default

    I thought our "official" logo was the Sate logo with the GX logo on it, that Rick made and put on this site?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Question So which one is it?

    That's what I thought too, so now I am really confused.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    That's what I thought too, so now I am really confused.
    Eating yellow snow again, Haffy?

    But sheesh! I'm easy to get along with.

    Here's the link:

    http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...chingmaine.gif
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 02-01-2005 at 09:58 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Question The makings of a contest

    Looks to me like we have the makings of a contest to pick the "Official Maine Geocachers Logo" We have well over 100 members now and maybe this would be a good time to have one. We also have some members who are very adept at Photoshop and other software programs with good graphic capabilities and maybe they have other great ideas we could incorporate into a new logo. How does everyone else feel about this? Just a thought as we seem to have some confusion as to what we do have for a logo. And Bruce,it seems like you have some confusion as well as you put up 2 different links for 2 different logos. Just thought maybe we can have some clarification that's all.
    Last edited by Haffy; 02-01-2005 at 10:19 AM.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    I thought we had a Maine Geocaching Logo already.

    Blazing Troll

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,058

    Default

    Weren't the files on the site here somewhere? I searched some for them, even searched for the thread where we discussed the logo, but can't seem to come up with anything. I almost think I even started that thread, but still found nothing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Looks to me like we have the makings of a contest to pick the "Official Maine Geocachers Logo" We have well over 100 members now and maybe this would be a good time to have one. We also have some members who are very adept at Photoshop and other software programs with good graphic capabilities and maybe they have other great ideas we could incorporate into a new logo. How does everyone else feel about this? Just a thought as we seem to have some confusion as to what we do have for a logo. And Bruce,it seems like you have some confusion as well as you put up 2 different links for 2 different logos. Just thought maybe we can have some clarification that's all.
    No, I'm not confused. THERE IS NO "OFFICIAL" Maine Geocachers logo.

    There is a logo that is at the top of this page which is the logo for the GeocachingMaine web site. If there was a vote among the members to designate that as the "OFFICIAL" logo for Maine Geocachers, I'm sorry I missed it. And by what right do the "members" of this web site have the authority to designate an "Official Maine Geocachers" logo? There is no Maine Geocacher's Association, to give such a designation some legitimacy.

    I posted one logo which I liked, and I thought Rick did a great job of producing.

    You asked for a link to the logo at the top of the page, and I provided that as well.

    I AM NOT CONFUSED!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Weren't the files on the site here somewhere? I searched some for them, even searched for the thread where we discussed the logo, but can't seem to come up with anything. I almost think I even started that thread, but still found nothing.
    BRDAD - here's a link to the only thread I remember, and it was associated with my suggestion to have a Maine Geocachers's organization:

    http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...3&page=2&pp=10

Similar Threads

  1. Logo at top of page
    By attroll in forum Voting Polls
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 09:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •