vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we have official logo?

I know I posted a thread concerning the logo early on. I know a few weeks into it, there was some changing of the forum topics and/or software, possibly it got lost in the move? That's how we came up with the logo, which was edited to work for the site as well. And I am sure it wasn't when we were on the Yahoo site. In the thread Atroll did most of the work, we just kept making suggestions and giving our comments. Even Haffy, who started this thread was in on it. I don't think we took an actual poll on the final design, though.

I go nuts when I know something happened and I can't find the proof!

Well, I've looked and the origin of the logo at the top of the page predates the web site, so it seems. If anything else is there, I can't find it. It would help if I had more RAM, though. I can't seem to remember anything.

The first time I can find mention of the logo is when ATTROLL was playing with the Maine logo for possible t-shirt designs.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...read.php?t=110

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Well, I've looked and the origin of the logo at the top of the page predates the web site, so it seems. If anything else is there, I can't find it. It would help if I had more RAM, though. I can't seem to remember anything.

The first time I can find mention of the logo is when ATTROLL was playing with the Maine logo for possible t-shirt designs.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...read.php?t=110
    Bruce

I deleted that thread you are referring to after we all agreed on the logo at the top of the page. I figured that since we all agree on it there was no reason to keep that thread around any longer.

I have no problem with it if anyone wants to design a logo. But that was what that thread was about that WhereRWe is referring to if I remember correctly. Since then we have had shirts designed with that logo on it and other things. If we are going to change the logo now then we better change it to something we are going to stick with and not keep changing it every year. A logo is something that represents a group and when you see it you know what it stands for.

I for one thought that the Web site was for representing our Maine Geocachers that we have here. If the web site does not represent our group then I will remove the logo. I am confused. What is the logo we all agreed on before all about?
    Blazing Troll

Default Do we all want to keep the current logo?

I thought we had the logo all worked out, and I am glad someone remembers the thread, and better yet, knows why it does not exist anymore!

With all this confusion, maybe we should take a poll to make sure everyone is in agreement with our original decision, or we should all pipe in here to say we are happy with the one used on this site (I can't seem to find the option for starting a poll now).

Atroll, if we keep what we are using, can you post the logos in the photo gallery or somewhere in a few different sizes/file formats for all to have easier access to?

This is the logo, same one this site uses. There was also a version with just the graphic, no text - they work together depending on your use.
    Last edited by brdad; 02-03-2005 at 08:06 AM.

Default Geo Maine Logo

If the logo in question is the one at the top of this page, then I vote for it. I like it and also thought it was "ours"!

Thumbs up Logo works for me

I was under the impression that the logo at the top of the page was the logo for Maine Geocaching. Since an orginization was never formed, this is the only site or group at this time. I like what we have, and as the expression goes "If it ain't broke,why fix it"

I sense that this entire thread was a troll, so I'm sorry I even spoke up.

I'll go stand in the corner for a while...

Default I second that motion

Glad we got that all straighened out. The current logo is just fine the way it stands. Thought I would never find that thread when we first started this website so glad it was you Rick who deleted it. So now it's official as far as I am concerned. Thanks for setting us all straight on this one once again Attroll. You can leave the corner now Bruce.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.