Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Too Many Choices!

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Casco, Maine
    Posts
    62

    Default

    I think we'll stick to a Garmin. (Sorry Magellan users.) Now...if only I wouldnt' spend all our money on other things we could get one! LOL

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-iac_Mom View Post
    I think we'll stick to a Garmin. (Sorry Magellan users.) Now...if only I wouldnt' spend all our money on other things we could get one! LOL
    HOORAY! Great choice! You won't be disappointed.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-iac_Mom View Post
    I think we'll stick to a Garmin. (Sorry Magellan users.) Now...if only I wouldnt' spend all our money on other things we could get one! LOL
    No need to apologize . . . Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance, Bushnell . . . who else have I left out . . . it's all good . . . Garmin has a great rep and there are lots and lots of folks who use them so you'll have no problem finding someone to answer your questions about using them . . . the most important thing is to use it and enjoy it while geocaching.

    Now if you would only stop spending money on those other unimportant things . . . you know, like groceries.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bradford, Maine
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I like the GPSMAP 60 I bought last April for my tax return present to me. It has a nice antenna, a good-sized screen, and can have detailed maps downloaded to it later on if you want. It comes with the USB cable to connect it to a PC as well. Price is a little out of your $100 range, though.

    Ken

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penquissciguy View Post
    I like the GPSMAP 60 I bought last April for my tax return present to me. It has a nice antenna, a good-sized screen, and can have detailed maps downloaded to it later on if you want. It comes with the USB cable to connect it to a PC as well. Price is a little out of your $100 range, though.

    Ken
    Welcome to gcmaine.org Penquissciguy!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maine
    Posts
    548

    Default

    And not even a mention of Trimble......... Ok so it is a little out of the Caching relm....... But great for placing caches... Acctually they did have some recreational units just not sure what they were like.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Auburn
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    And not even a mention of Trimble......... Ok so it is a little out of the Caching relm.......
    I wouldn't say Trimble is out of the caching realm at all: http://www.geocachenavigator.com/

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, Maine
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Spring for the e-trex vista Hcx If the kids don't get hooked on Geo-Caching.....YOU WILL!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •