Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: Too Many Choices!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    since I've been unemployed for 6 months, the only one I could afford was a Garmin Etrex and it's done fine for me so far.
    This is the unit I bought my adult daughter for her birthday over a year ago - she still loves it to this day. To start out this would work and you will probably want to upgrade yourself later. This would be a less expensive unit for the little ones to use alone after you have time to research one with more features and save for it.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Casco, Maine
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Is a Garmin eTrex better than a Garmin 72? I DO like that durability described. I have an 8-year-old and a 5-year-old who're going to be using this! LOL I don't want to spend a lot of money, but something that takes hits would be good!

    And don't hijack my thread! LOL

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-iac_Mom View Post
    Is a Garmin eTrex better than a Garmin 72? I DO like that durability described. I have an 8-year-old and a 5-year-old who're going to be using this! LOL I don't want to spend a lot of money, but something that takes hits would be good!

    And don't hijack my thread! LOL
    Hijack a thread? Sheesh! Do you really think anyone here would do that??



    Don't know anything about the Garmin 72, but I'm pretty sure the eTrex would handle a thump or two. Unless it lands on it's screen. Then no GPSr will survive! LOL!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Hijack a thread? Sheesh! Do you really think anyone here would do that??



    Don't know anything about the Garmin 72, but I'm pretty sure the eTrex would handle a thump or two. Unless it lands on it's screen. Then no GPSr will survive! LOL!
    I've had my 72 land on its' screen a couple of times, as well as me landing on it too... it takes a beatin and keep on, um... working
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Casco, Maine
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Mainiac1957 - Does the 1957 indicate your birth year? Because if it does then I'm DEFINITELY not your Mom! LOL MY Mom was born in 1953...

    Well, I think we're leaning towards a 72 or eTrex for now. If it turns out that we're REALLY into this stuff then we'll have to upgrade I'm sure.

    I do appreciate all the thoughts and opinions from the "field"!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    How much you plan on spending? You can get the Etrex Vista HCX for $224.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Casco, Maine
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Around $100. I don't want to go too crazy without knowing if the kids will stick with this...and they're still a little rough of things! LOL

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-iac_Mom View Post
    Around $100. I don't want to go too crazy without knowing if the kids will stick with this...and they're still a little rough of things! LOL
    Then for the price of the 72 you definitely won't be disapointed. (but a tip for the beginner, learn how to use the waypoint function... I know a few people that used to just wander around the woods until the numbers matched up... )
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    stonington me
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I know a few people that used to just wander around the woods until the numbers matched up... )
    us magellan users, right?
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Casco, Maine
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Um...isn't the whole point of having the GPS unit is to have the waypoint(s) in it so that you can follow its directions to the cache? LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •