vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sebago Trip

Default Sebago Trip

We are headed to Sebago for a trail ride Sunday if anyone is interested. Meeting up at the Merrymeeting Plaza in Brunswick at 9:00. Difficulty is stock to modified.

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    We are headed to Sebago for a trail ride Sunday if anyone is interested. Meeting up at the Merrymeeting Plaza in Brunswick at 9:00. Difficulty is stock to modified.
    We won't know about this one til last minute, we're doing the extreme tided event this weekend too and we might have stefs cars (can't you plan this stuff on weekends theres nothin goin on!?! sheesh the nerve of some people.... )
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    We won't know about this one til last minute, we're doing the extreme tided event this weekend too and we might have stefs cars (can't you plan this stuff on weekends theres nothin goin on!?! sheesh the nerve of some people.... )
    Ha ha--well, we are heading up to Rangeley agian on the 11th--perhaps that it is a good date? BTW, the Jeep has grown up a bit since you last saw it--put an extra leaf in the rear spring pack and it's now rolling on 33s

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    Ha ha--well, we are heading up to Rangeley agian on the 11th--perhaps that it is a good date? BTW, the Jeep has grown up a bit since you last saw it--put an extra leaf in the rear spring pack and it's now rolling on 33s
    I dunno, that's kinda advance too plan that far into the future....

Nice! did ya have to extend the shaft or anything to accomodate the extra couple of inches? (you should bring it down to the tide event and we can ride out to the waypoint...)

Nice! did ya have to extend the shaft or anything to accomodate the extra couple of inches? (you should bring it down to the tide event and we can ride out to the waypoint...)
    The rear is only up anoter inch or so, so it is setting at right around 3.5" or so. The SYE can handle quite a bit of change before you'd have to adjust driveline angles again. You'll notice we did have to cut the fenders pretty agressively, and the rear quarters are pretty much gone. Next step will be some flairs so as not to attract unwanted attention from the local gendarmes.

http://www.rocky-road.com/ has the flares i want i think they would match yours pretty nicely too.

I don't think they allow it anymore . . . but you used to be able to ride the sand bar in Bar Harbor to the nearby island . . . which was always pretty cool since you were technically riding on the ocean floor . . . or at least an area that was covered by several feet of water just a few hours earlier.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

For you four wheeling hard-core nuts I learned of something yesterday that may perhaps someday help you out . . . a co-worker and some of his friends were out four wheeling/camping last weekend when one of the guy's Scout's gas tank sprung a small leak (there were other issues as well involving other vehicles but they're not so interesting stories) . . . they had a gas tank patch . . . but unfortunately it was pretty old and no good . . . so one of them suggested using some bubblegum to patch the hole since they had read about it in some four wheeling magazine . . . ended up sticking a couple pieces of chewed up bubble gum into the hole and then running some duct tape over that . . . no problems or leaks for the rest of the trip.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

http://www.rocky-road.com/ has the flares i want i think they would match yours pretty nicely too.
    You mean the 'Whackers? I have a set on the Bronco--they are really pricey for what they are, I think. They pull off pretty easily and make even 33/35" tires look small.

Right now I'm leaning towards reworking two sets of rear TJ flares (you can use the fronts, but I think it looks funny on an XJ). In the rear the flair would be split, partially on the door, just like the 'Whackers.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I don't think they allow it anymore . . . but you used to be able to ride the sand bar in Bar Harbor to the nearby island . . . which was always pretty cool since you were technically riding on the ocean floor . . . or at least an area that was covered by several feet of water just a few hours earlier.
    no, they put a stop to that after havin to pull a few cars outta the water after the tide came back in....