vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pocket PC Paperless Help!!!

Default Pocket PC Paperless Help!!!

I have searched the previous threads and haven't been able to find the info I am looking for, so will start a fresh thread. I have cached without paper for quite awhile and am in a quandry!

I use an iPAQ Pocket PC and in the past have used GPXSonar - a PPC Cachemate type program. Unfortunately, the battery in my PDA died and when I got it back on it had lost information and programs that I had in it. Did you know it isn't a good thing to drop one? AND did you know that periodically one should put it in the charger? hehehe I guess the combination of the two took me down a path of retribution. UGH

Since I had experienced this problem before I knew exactly what to do......... go to GC.com and download the program through the link on the resources page. But what I didn't know is that the GPXSonar program is no longer available. I haven't been able to find it there or anywhere else. Ai yi yi - I have looked at other programs ........ GPX View and BeeLineGPS ......... but am not finding something that will work. I looked at iSilo and the GPX Spinner programs as well thinking the two together might work, but got lost. Perhaps I shouldn't have attempted that on a Friday night after a long and grueling week.

So, for my fellow cachers who successfully use a Pocket PC for paperless cachers, I beg for your assistance. What program(s) do you use? Can you provide me with installation directions?
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default Is this what you want?

I googled this GPX Sonar
    Happy Trails!

Default Or here is another choice

I really like Cachemate
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I really like Cachemate
    Yeah - just go with Cachemate! That's what most people use, and when you have a problem with that, there's PLENTY of people who can help! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I googled this GPX Sonar
    me too, but the links don't take you to an active page
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Yeah - just go with Cachemate! That's what most people use, and when you have a problem with that, there's PLENTY of people who can help! LOL!
    That has been my dream!! I didn't realize it is now available for PPC - I will definitely check it out. Thanks Brad and Bruce!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

You may regret suggesting that now that I am trying to get things going - lol. Here come the questions..........

I tried to download the EXE version but I get a message that says......exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Ok, I thought perhaps I should choose the other option that requires an $8 purchase - I remember people talking about having to pay a nominal fee to get the program. During the purchase process I get this message.......

SPECIAL NOTIFICATION
    One or more of the products you have chosen requires additional information: Smittyware ID: Serial Number Prompted Data is required. What's this? Note regarding HotSync names: Smittyware.com software for Palm OS uses the HotSync user name to validate registration codes. When you register such software here, be sure that the name you enter matches the name on your device, down to letter cases and punctuation.
    smittyware.com Online Store Web Store: Privacy Policy Return Policypowered by eSellerateeSellerate Security

I can't seem to figure out where to get this information despite reading the info on the website. Help!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

BC, I use gpx sonar as well. Let me check when I get home and see if I have that file.

Cachemate for PPC is not a valid Win32 application because it is not designed to be run on Windows PCs. You need to install it to your PPC. We discussed this here before, lemme see if I can find the thread....

EDIT: Go to this thread, in post #55 Foxgloves explains how she got it working.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...ghlight=PPC%2A
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Ditto and Ditto

Ditto go with Cachemate and

Ditto just download the exe right into your PPC and run it. It will install without the need of a PC.

FYI, one registration on smitty ware gives you multiple registrations. I originally bought the Palm version and when I got my treo with Win Mobile, he gave me the Win Mobile version no charge. He has a few other titles you can get too. Cool stuff...

good luck