vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: Well it's been, but it's time for it to go

Hybrid View

Default RE: Well it's been, but it's time for it to go

After over 100,000 miles and several good years it's time for me to part with my beloved Toyota Celica beater car . . . we've shared some fond memories . . . like having to do four brake jobs on it . . . or having the alternator die leaving me stranded in the "Bermuda-Benton Triangle" before Hiram rescued me . . . or . . . well you get the picture.

In any case, here's the ad in case anyone knows any fool . . . I mean any mechanically gifted optimist who thinks they really want to buy this car. Be forewarned . . . I'm no used car salesman.

FOR SALE. 1990 Toyota Celica Beater/Junker/Clunker. 179,900 miles. Own your very own Maine beater car. Problems? You betcha. Engine burns oil. Interior dash lights no longer functional. Radio doesn't work. Needs front brakes/calipers and possibly rotors. Some rips and missing chunks of foam in driver's seat. Driver's side fender is rusting through. Driver's side and passenger side floor pans need to be replaced to get inspection sticker. Rear trunk key latch no longer works -- but it does open with the inside trunk release. Paint is fading, multiple scratches. About the only good things I can say is that it gets 35 mpg . . . and has new tires as of this past summer and a new alternator as of three months ago. $500 or best offer . . . key emphasis on the words "best offer" . . . would make an excellent boat anchor or gag gift for geocache . . . or better yet hide it in the woods and make this a geocache container. For more info (although what more you would need to know is beyond me) feel free to PM me . . . or just follow the blue cloud of smoke coming from the exhaust.

Oh yeah . . . I'm being serious here . . . I'm really getting rid of this car -- with some luck.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Good luck! My van just ticked over 100K. We've had it for, um, almost 6 years and it was used then. I'm hoping it'll make 200K.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    After over 100,000 miles and several good years it's time for me to part with my beloved Toyota Celica beater car . . . we've shared some fond memories . . . like having to do four brake jobs on it . . . or having the alternator die leaving me stranded in the "Bermuda-Benton Triangle" before Hiram rescued me . . . or . . . well you get the picture.

In any case, here's the ad in case anyone knows any fool . . . I mean any mechanically gifted optimist who thinks they really want to buy this car. Be forewarned . . . I'm no used car salesman.

FOR SALE. 1990 Toyota Celica Beater/Junker/Clunker. 179,900 miles. Own your very own Maine beater car. Problems? You betcha. Engine burns oil. Interior dash lights no longer functional. Radio doesn't work. Needs front brakes/calipers and possibly rotors. Some rips and missing chunks of foam in driver's seat. Driver's side fender is rusting through. Driver's side and passenger side floor pans need to be replaced to get inspection sticker. Rear trunk key latch no longer works -- but it does open with the inside trunk release. Paint is fading, multiple scratches. About the only good things I can say is that it gets 35 mpg . . . and has new tires as of this past summer and a new alternator as of three months ago. $500 or best offer . . . key emphasis on the words "best offer" . . . would make an excellent boat anchor or gag gift for geocache . . . or better yet hide it in the woods and make this a geocache container. For more info (although what more you would need to know is beyond me) feel free to PM me . . . or just follow the blue cloud of smoke coming from the exhaust.

Oh yeah . . . I'm being serious here . . . I'm really getting rid of this car -- with some luck.
    If you don't sell it can we take it on a final voyage 4wheelin through the woods??? (I'll give ya $20 if ya let me drive)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    If you don't sell it can we take it on a final voyage 4wheelin through the woods??? (I'll give ya $20 if ya let me drive)
    Hmmm . . . that might be an idea . . . it's a bit low-slung though so we probably won't get very far before bottoming out.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Hmmm . . . that might be an idea . . . it's a bit low-slung though so we probably won't get very far before bottoming out.
    it's all about the momentum... have you ever seen a ford festiva off road? yeah, they don't look like much, but they get airborne pretty good, (ya gotta get em goin fast enough to skip over all the little things) it all goes great until they get wedged inbetween a couple of trees....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Sheesh! For a minute there I thought you were describing RULOST2?!

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! For a minute there I thought you were describing RULOST2?!

Uht OHHHH!!! I hope your little woman doesnt frequently the site. Those sound like fighting words. HEHEHE LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Uht OHHHH!!! I hope your little woman doesnt frequently the site. Those sound like fighting words. HEHEHE LOL
    Sheesh! You should be so lucky as to have as good a relationship as RULOST2? and I have!

(Otherwise I'd never be able to say things like that! LOL!)

Radio doesn't work.
    Sheesh! I can deal with the other problems, but this is a deal killer...

Jake, you could make this a geocaching event...

Bring the car and a sledge hammer, and charge $1 pet shot! (Profits going to the "Fund for the Rescue of Abandoned Geocaches - FRAG". )