vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Wide Flash Mob-The Maine Event

Default World Wide Flash Mob-The Maine Event

It's coming! Maine's 15 minutes of fame! It's WWFM-The Maine Event.

There are currently over 70 events just like this one being held in the same exact 15 minutes all over the world!

Check out this cool video of a flash mob in May so you can get an idea of what happens. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    It's coming! Maine's 15 minutes of fame! It's WWFM-The Maine Event.

There are currently over 70 events just like this one being held in the same exact 15 minutes all over the world!
    Um... Is this event being adjusted for time-zone changes?

Yes, it is being adjusted.

I liked the "soundtrack".

Well after 45 minutes for my dial up to download just 3/4 of the clip, I skipped the rest, but I got the idea of it. The soundtrack reminds me of several of you guys!

Thanks for the video . . . Hiram and I were planning on attending, but our "flashing" would have been a bit different from the flashing that was on the video. I think some of you folks might have been scarred for life if we had followed through on that plan . . . and to think we even had the trenchcoats all picked out.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Have you checked the weather - trenchcoats may still be necessary..........

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Have you checked the weather - trenchcoats may still be necessary..........
    For what we had in mind we may need more than trenchcoats to stay warm with this "flash" event.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

On Saturday, I will have three buckets. One for the log sheets, one of swag and one for TB/GC's. Please make sure to visit all three!

One of the prizes this weekend will be the honor of claiming the event as FTF so please make sure to get your log sheet in the bucket ASAP! We will be drawing for this before 12:15. It is a very good idea to bring your own pen! There will be other prizes as well.

We'll see you there, don't forget to come in blaze orange!

Default Some questions and thoughts....

I have a couple of questions and thoughts…
    It says on the cache page that log sheets will be handed out and must be filled out in order to get credit for attending the event. It also says that the log sheets will be handed out in case you don’t bring your own. What size log sheet are you handing out so if people want to bring their own they will use a consistent size sheet of paper for the final log book. Is there a format or can we be creative and make up anything we want? That was a little unclear to me on the cache page.

You also noted on the event page that there will be a group photo taken. Because of time constraints I am assuming the photographer will want to set up a tripod and have the camera all set to go and ready before everyone congregates in front of it. That would be a good diversion actually. If some one were to get to the area by 11:50 or so, figure out where the group shot will be, set up a tripod get camera mounted, timer set, and just appear to be taking pictures. Then when the picture is ready to be taken everyone assemble in front of the camera as quickly as possible including the photographer. The more you can get done in advance the smoother it will be for a successful Flash Mob event.
    This is just a suggestion and I have a tripod I can bring if you need one

I am a little worried that with a 15 minute event like this that TB’s placed into the event will be total Caos. Even with regular events TB’s seem to stay on the cache page sometimes a month of more after the event has passed. Who will be responsible for making sure any TB’s that are left in bucket get properly logged in and out? I do have a couple TB’s I’d like to drop off in the event but I am always hesitant about leaving them in events for that very reason. After all, its not the person who took the TB and never logged it that looks bad.(since we don’t know who it is ) Its the one who had it last before it went missing.
    One last thought, if people are going to drop off TB’s they may want to print out the TB info sheet on the TB page and put it in a baggie along with the TB with the NAME of TB and its GOAL both highlighted. If all the TB’s have agendas attached to them it sure will make it a lot easier to paw through the bucket in the 15 minute time frame that we have.

Can’t wait to see how all this turns out. It should be a lot of fun!
    The dinner menu sounds awesome!
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”