vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Responsible Caching

Default Responsible Caching

Here is a good article about responsible caching and makes a good starter for all the newbies as well.

http://www.outdoors.org/publications...geocaching.cfm
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Great article! Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing!!!

Writers need to get their stories straight before they publish articles like this...part of the following statement is absolutely untrue...

It starts with a cursory check performed by representatives from www.geocaching.com prior to posting coordinates. Caches have to be on public land, and there is an effort to keep them away from more dangerous areas such as bridges or railroad tracks.
    Some of the best caches that I have found (and placed!) are on private land where permission has been obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Writers need to get their stories straight before they publish articles like this...part of the following statement is absolutely untrue...
    As you imply - the author is a writer, not a geocacher! LOL!

Thumbs up Thanks Cammy

No need to mislead the Newbies.
    Happy Trails!

I found one of Gob-lers on a bridge in Minot today. Does that mean it shouldn't be there? Guess I better read the whole article.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    I found one of Gob-lers on a bridge in Minot today. Does that mean it shouldn't be there? Guess I better read the whole article.
    Not necessarily. Precautions are taken to ensure the safety of cachers while attempting to find caches located near railroads and bridges. I assume that the owner of the cache and the cache reviewer discussed the placement before it was published on the site. Which cache are you referring to DKF?

I think it was called Little Androscoggin. Completely safe. You are more likely to get hurt on a trail in the woods than on this bridge. You would think that railroad tracks would be safe but look how often people get killed. It is like that blue collar comedy tour when they ask how someone gets hit by a train. Just step left or right.

by the way, who do you complain about a cache to? I found a cache that everyone since June has mentioned in the log that the cache and log is soaked. It was still the same the other day. Owner doesn't seem to care. Message to owner is unanswered. This just makes me mad. I almost just took the cache out of the woods but resisted.