vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swag question

Default Swag question

I usually put little toys in caches as swag, but I was mentioning to a friend that I had started picking up mini first aid kits and wanted to get a couple of cheap orange vests (it is hunting season after all) to leave. He suggested getting the little handwarmers that hunters sometimes bring with them (the ones that you squeeze to activate). I had thought of it too, but I wasn't sure how they would hold up in extreme temperatures. I'm afraid they would either break or no longer activate. Does anyone know? If they would hold up, I would think that might be a nice thing to find if you are getting a bit chilly hunting. Thanks.
    ~ynomrah~

The opposite of life is not death, but indifference between life and death. ~ Elie Wiesel

I'm not sure what does it, cold weather or just age, but they will fail after a while. I have seen them in caches that no longer function.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by fantasiynomrah View Post
    I usually put little toys in caches as swag, but I was mentioning to a friend that I had started picking up mini first aid kits and wanted to get a couple of cheap orange vests (it is hunting season after all) to leave. He suggested getting the little handwarmers that hunters sometimes bring with them (the ones that you squeeze to activate). I had thought of it too, but I wasn't sure how they would hold up in extreme temperatures. I'm afraid they would either break or no longer activate. Does anyone know? If they would hold up, I would think that might be a nice thing to find if you are getting a bit chilly hunting. Thanks.
    First off welcome to geocachingmaine.org Fantasiynormrah (wow that's quite the mouthful . . . my fingers were falling all over each other attempting to spell out your name.) I immediately recognized you from some of my caches that you found recently.

In answer to your question, first aid kits and vests are great ideas . . . items that rely on chemicals to generate heat (such as hand warmers) or light (like glow sticks) for some reason tend to not work so well after being exposed to the cold for a few months and unfortunately become "geo junk" after a fashion even though they are great ideas for events (or so I'm told since I'm not much of a social geo event butterfly. )

Again, welcome.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Welcome fantasiynomrah! I agree with Jake - anything chemical or scented not a good idea. I have seen everything from scented candles to matches. Some folks may think that a knife or matches are a good survival tool but we need to think children safety. First Aid kits and vets are great. Have found a bug helmet too and it was greatly needed. The bug wipes in season good too.

Hey, thanks for the info. I had a feeling the handwarmers would be a no-go, but hey, worth a shot.

And for those who don't want to type out my whole geoname (I really don't want to either )...ynomrah works just fine.
    ~ynomrah~

The opposite of life is not death, but indifference between life and death. ~ Elie Wiesel

Default Low Tide at Glen Cove

I found this cache today at lunchtime. In it I pulled out a fresh can of Smoked Kippers. Hmmmm....Who did I think of? HIRAM!!

Great idea on the vests. Welcome ynomrah
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I found this cache today at lunchtime. In it I pulled out a fresh can of Smoked Kippers. Hmmmm....Who did I think of? HIRAM!!

Great idea on the vests. Welcome ynomrah
    Hmmm... Kipper swag...

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for caching...

(BTW Gary... Did you find the note that I left on your cachemobile up in bangor last week???)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

And did you see what ynomrah is spelled backwards? HARMONY Sounds like a great name. and harmony is a tnaf ? Not sure about the rest of it though. Welcome aboard!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

lol. Very observant. Ok, I'll explain a bit...Harmony is the only part that is backwards...that's actually my name. the other part, fantasi (change the i to a y...fantasy), was part of an online name that I created in high school (originally fantasifire). I like mystical and fantasy type stuff (dragons, fairies, and the like).

So, yeah...there's the origin of my name.
    ~ynomrah~

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    And did you see what ynomrah is spelled backwards? HARMONY Sounds like a great name. and harmony is a tnaf ? Not sure about the rest of it though. Welcome aboard!!!
    What'a TNAF . . . or is that FANT?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."