Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 212

Thread: 2008 Geocaching Maine Geocoin

  1. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canaan , Maine
    Posts
    498

    Default

    I like the State cut out but not the circle around it.
    The green front cut out and Can get there from here back.
    Opalsns

  2. #192
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Everyone has a different opinion but the circle around the state, to me, makes this coin unique. It also would allow attachment of a Travel buddy to the coin without drilling it if you are sending it out into the wild. JMHO but leave the circle.

  3. #193
    dí76 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Everyone has a different opinion but the circle around the state, to me, makes this coin unique. It also would allow attachment of a Travel buddy to the coin without drilling it if you are sending it out into the wild. JMHO but leave the circle.

    Isnt the coin already going to be trackable?

    And I like the latest design. Mint it they will buy it.

  4. #194
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Didn't we have an issue with last years coin and the phrase "the way caching should be" ???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  5. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Isnt the coin already going to be trackable?

    And I like the latest design. Mint it they will buy it.
    Yes it is - the travel buddy isn't a tracking device but rather a reminder to log the item and move it on. Sort of like printing a tag but rather it is a metal dog tag.

  6. #196
    dí76 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Yes it is - the travel buddy isn't a tracking device but rather a reminder to log the item and move it on. Sort of like printing a tag but rather it is a metal dog tag.

    ahhhh yes, I have seen a few of those in the past. I wish I had them on my tbs that have not made it.

  7. #197
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orrington, Maine
    Posts
    629

    Default

    I still like the Winter Caching scene with the log cabin and I like the new walking moose in these new ideas. But the cut-out is a very cool idea as well. Not sure about the "You can get there from here" because WE know what that means but people from other parts of the U.S. and other countries probably will not. Also, I'd just like to say that I surely do appreciate all the extra effort from Hide From the Kids...I met them on the trail and they instantly made a replacement cache for one that had been destroyed by muggles.....great people to meet. And to Attroll, I'm in awe at this level of computer expertise. Whatever the coin turns out to be, these suggestions have improved greatly on our options.

  8. #198
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,589

    Default

    Wow, Wow. This coin is not a definite yet. Although I like it the best we can not jump to assumptions here. We will have to collect all inputs of coins that have been submitted and vote.

    We need to set a deadline for inputs on the coins before we vote. How about we set the deadline as July 1st? This will give everyone one more full month to put together any ideas that have and submit them. Then on a 2nd or 3rd we can put them all in a voting poll and vote on the coin you would like to see used.
    Blazing Troll

  9. #199
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer, Maine
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Wow, Wow. This coin is not a definite yet. Although I like it the best we can not jump to assumptions here. We will have to collect all inputs of coins that have been submitted and vote.

    We need to set a deadline for inputs on the coins before we vote. How about we set the deadline as July 1st? This will give everyone one more full month to put together any ideas that have and submit them. Then on a 2nd or 3rd we can put them all in a voting poll and vote on the coin you would like to see used.
    I agree totally. I really like this coin idea, but lets not ignore the other inputs that people have worked hard on, and there may be some more awesome ideas out there that we haven't heard of yet.
    One month is a short time period, but we have been asking for ideas for months now, it's time to make a decision. Last call for new artwork?

  10. #200
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    This is why I suggested that we asked for artwork in the newsletter which was just published and set a deadline. That way, everyone would have known they only have a month left. One of the complaints from the last coin was that people weren't aware of what was going on until it was too late.

    If you want the cutoff to be July 1st, perhaps this is one of those times a special notice should be sent out to all members?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

    "The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •