vb:literal>

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Geocaching Maine Geocoin

If were going to keep the Geocaching Maine logo on the front of the coin then it would be kind of senseless to have another picture of Maine on the back don't you think?[/quote]

Actually Rick,
    The coin is Maine Shaped. I like the Green Front.

I agree with EMSDanel about the back of the Maine shaped coin. I don't like the back pictures. Maybe putting the picture of the night sky and cabin from the round coin and putting it on the back of the Maine shaped coin.

Isn't it time to change this thread to read "The 2009 Maine Geocoin"?

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    I, too, like the Maine shaped coin but the yellow flower just doesn't do it for me.
    I know! A BLUEBERRY!

I like the first snowshoe one.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Pine cone and tassels, blueberries, potatoes, lobstahs, and chick-a-dees or how about a pot hole coin!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Pine cone and tassels, blueberries, potatoes, lobstahs, and chick-a-dees or how about a pot hole coin!
    Is that the hole that Wherearewe? wished he could have crawled into when he found the pot growing operation??????

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Is that the hole that Wherearewe? wished he could have crawled into when he found the pot growing operation??????
    LOL! Not a hole - I just wanted the car so as to get out of there. Who knows what type of booby-traps were hidden there...

Lets get r done.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Lets get r done.
    Agreed and if the purpose of this coin is to promote this site - the web site address should be on the coin (as in the case in many other coins promoting groups, organizations and websites) - IMHO.

Default Geocoin

I'm not sure what stage of the game your in, but here are some of my thoughts and maybe they will help. There are many things to consider for a coin. The history of the state, early settlers came north(to make money) to log the woods, also they found the hunting and fishing remarkable.... sport camps fertile grounds to grow food, large amounts of granite here also. So would it make sense to do a compass with something like "TATERS" on the northern point, logs on the western point, lobster on the southern point, fishing and hunting on the eastern point on a round coin with a ghost image of the state in the back ground. This state was built by great Pioneers, could that be an idea? We have one of gthe most beautiful states in the union and so many sites you could use. Good luck I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Nick~Mac