vb:literal>

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Geocaching Maine Geocoin

Sudonum,
    If you go back and read Tat's post and then Medawisla's post re: The Coin,
    You will see why I offered to help. Now I will keep out of this and let you handle it as you've done it before.
    I'm done.
    Opalsns

Question how to proceed

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Sudonum,
    If you go back and read Tat's post and then Medawisla's post re: The Coin,
    You will see why I offered to help. Now I will keep out of this and let you handle it as you've done it before.
    I'm done.
    Opalsns
    It's ok Opalsns, I think I get what Sudonim is saying...

Sudonim, I think, I and Opalsns and others were getting anxious to settle on a design. We have spent months posting ideas and commenting... Are there other ideas, other than voting on what we have now, to re-energize people about the coin? to get a decision made?
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Sudonum,
    ...re: The Coin,
    You will see why I offered to help. ...
    Opalsns
    Don't give up, this is just the kind of motivation needed to get this going! With your help, there's plenty of time to have a coin this fall.

Thumbs up saving time

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I am confused as to why we need to email photos to any individual for the contest or even submissions? We have a place in the gallery title Maine Geocoin Inputs that was designed for inputs and suggestions.
    Good point, Rick! I this would save us a lot of steps/time...what do others think about voting by clicking on the pic links in the Gallery and rating them?
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    It's ok Opalsns, I think I get what Sudonim is saying...

Sudonim, I think, I and Opalsns and others were getting anxious to settle on a design. We have spent months posting ideas and commenting... Are there other ideas, other than voting on what we have now, to re-energize people about the coin? to get a decision made?
    I wasn't trying to be negative to Opoalsns's input, just saying that no design in the past has gotten a thumbs up on the first rendition, so a chance to discuss/modify any designs might be helpful.

How do people like the inputs so far? We've seen 2 or 3 posted, do we put these in for a vote, or is there another design people would like to see that hasn't been posted yet? The link Rick posted:
    http://www.geocachingmaine.org/galle...ry.php/cat/511
    shows 3 different designs. Do we put these to a vote now? What do people like or dislike about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    How do people like the inputs so far?
    I'm not crazy about any of the suggestions so far, but you know me...

I think the coin shapes are what bug me - not the designs. I like the snowshowes on one side, and the lobster on the other, but the coin shapes don't give me a "warm and fuzzy".

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post

I think the coin shapes are what bug me - not the designs. I like the snowshowes on one side, and the lobster on the other, but the coin shapes don't give me a "warm and fuzzy".
    How about a round coin with flames on one side and fur on the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    How about a round coin with flames on one side and fur on the other?
    Sheesh! Don't get me started...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post

Hmmm, warm and fuzzy ....

Woodstove front and Black bear back !!!!
    Very Maine-ish

How about a round coin with snowshoes on one side and either the State or lobster, or lobster trap on other....one of the designs, just on a round coin....faster..cheaper.