vb:literal>

View Poll Results: What's a good Newsletter length?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Longer, up to four pages

3 16.67%
  • The same it is now, about two pages

13 72.22%
  • Shorter, down to one page

1 5.56%
  • What's the Newsletter?

1 5.56%

Thread: Newsletter Length

Question Newsletter Length

The summer is busy, and I'm having a hard time fitting all the news into a two page Newsletter. I want your input:

Would you like more info in the Newsletter (up to four pages)?
    Would you like the Newsletter to remain about two pages?
    Would you like to see less info (only one page)?

FYI, the Newsletter is sent via email, so its size is determined in Microsoft Word where it is created and may appear shorter or longer in your email program.

If you're wondering what is the Newsletter:
    GeocachingMaine.org issues a monthly newsletter to pass on information about geocaching in Maine and the Maine Geocaching Community. The newsletter comes via email, so under your personal settings, you have to check a box that allows the Administrator to send you emails. You can uncheck this box to prevent being emailed the newsletter. The newsletter is also posted in the Newsletter Forum.

It's my opinion but this is my only connection to Maine and all my friends there so the more the merrier I say.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

One of the purposes of the newsletter is to entice those that don't visit the site often to do so and hopefully contribute their ideas and thoughts.

There should not be a need for more than two pages worth IMHO. Too much and people will be so tired by the time they're done reading it they won't make it to the web site!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    One of the purposes of the newsletter is to entice those that don't visit the site often to do so and hopefully contribute their ideas and thoughts.

There should not be a need for more than two pages worth IMHO. Too much and people will be so tired by the time they're done reading it they won't make it to the web site!

I agree with Dave. Most news sites I visit have catchy headlines, if it appeals to me then I follow the link to the site to read the whole article.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Question Tell me more

Wow, lots say 2 is enough. (I had to vote to see the poll results, so my vote doesn't count but it is on the 2 is enough one.)

So...what I'm hearing is that you read the headlines and if it sounds interesting to you, then you venture to the link...does that mean you'd rather see more of the Hot Topics and less of the Features? (Features are the longer pieces at the beginning.)

If this is so, can you tell me if I were to put the features in the forums and just introduce them in the Newsletter would you go to the forums? Would that disappoint you?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share your thoughts publically, but I really, really want to hear from everyone!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

I read everything so whatever everyone else wants is ok with me.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I read everything so whatever everyone else wants is ok with me.
    Congrats Haffy, you learned to read!!
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Cool thank for voting

Thanks to those you gave input, it's much appreciated!

The July Newsletter will be out in less than a week, yeh!

I'm trying to maintain the 2 pages, but sometimes they'll run into 3 pages, but don't worry, most of it is links to the forums, events, etc, and you don't read the links, that'd just be silly! All you have to do is click for more info!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Thanks to those you gave input, it's much appreciated!

The July Newsletter will be out in less than a week, yeh!

I'm trying to maintain the 2 pages, but sometimes they'll run into 3 pages, but don't worry, most of it is links to the forums, events, etc, and you don't read the links, that'd just be silly! All you have to do is click for more info!
    Don't forget to leave space for what is sure to be the Hilarious Misadventures of Hiram, Medawisla and Firefighterjake in the Deep Maine North Woods after this weekend.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."