vb:literal>

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Geocaching Maine Geocoin

Default bump

I think we want to progress with the coin, we should keep the discussion going. Perhaps some of those that haven't posted can give their reasons why we should or should not have a coin for 2008?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I think the snowshoe coin idea is a great one!!!. I also think the lack of sales for the coin this year was slow was because I didn't even know about it til the week was almost up. I didn't even see it mentioned on this site and don't always look at the GC site for days on end sometimes. I think a lot of members here didn't realize the date was upon us as well. That's just my thoughts anyway.

So back to the "08" coin idea. I love the snowshoes and maybe have a coin made like a pair of them side by side. Wish I was good at photoshopping,I'd whip something up. Some thoughts to ponder on anyway.

Just did a quick look around and found some photos of snowshoes here: http://jumaka.com/snowshoes/

And here: http://www.umaine.edu/hudsonmuseum/O...hoes/maine.php This is a great site to learn about Maine indians and their snowshoe making prowess.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    So back to the "08" coin idea. I love the snowshoes and maybe have a coin made like a pair of them side by side. Wish I was good at photoshopping,I'd whip something up. Some thoughts to ponder on anyway.
    I really like the idea of the two attached snowshoes as well. Is this cost prohibitive, though?

Maine snowshoes please- a pair side by side would be nice (more space). Another feature might be home of Eastern Most Cache in the US.

Agree with Haffy - although it may have been on GCM for a while - I bet a lot didn't notice it until late if at all. Ditto on the GC site - I seldom go to the forums unless I am looking for something special.

Andy did a great job and had a lot at the last minute. I know he had some shipping helpers and perhaps next year marketing help would increase sales.

Developing a coin is not easy and we are very lucky two have been done with few problems.

We should check off simple things first:

Trackable - yes or no (my vote is yes)

Unique Icon - yes or no (my vote yes and different from this year)

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Maine snowshoes please- a pair side by side would be nice (more space). Another feature might be home of Eastern Most Cache in the US.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the "Eastern Most Cache in the US" was placed by a Canadian - Starzz! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the "Eastern Most Cache in the US" was placed by a Canadian - Starzz! LOL!
    That's not quite the easternmost. Doesn't anyone look at my stats page to verify their posts?

Here's the five most easternmost caches, from East to West.

Fundy Tides (GC15114) by Northwoods Explorer (3.5/3.5)
    Quoddy Quandry (GC8A65) by k1br (1.5/1.5)
    Carrying Place Cove Bog (GC13YZA) by Northwoods Explorer (1.5/3.5)
    Boat Ramp Cache (GCKW0Z) by Starzz (1/1)
    The "OLD SOW" of the Sea (GC12YVD) by Northwoods Explorer (1.5/2.5)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    That's not quite the easternmost. Doesn't anyone look at my stats page to verify their posts?
    Nope.

So I guess that means I was mistaken?

Default 2008 Maine Geocoin

Yes, I would be in favor of a Maine Geocoin for 2008! I would like to be included in the process of creating this coin.

Would it be possible to change the caption under my GC name to read, 'Senior Member'? Thank you.

Not on topic, but how do you achieve the status of "Senoir Member"?