vb:literal>

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Geocaching Maine Geocoin

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    This is why I suggested that we asked for artwork in the newsletter which was just published and set a deadline. That way, everyone would have known they only have a month left. One of the complaints from the last coin was that people weren't aware of what was going on until it was too late.

If you want the cutoff to be July 1st, perhaps this is one of those times a special notice should be sent out to all members?
    We can do that if we all agree on July 1st. It was only a suggestion on my part.
    Blazing Troll

Is That A Decision For The Board To Set The Deadline For July 1st Or Would That Consist Of A Notice On The Home Page Or By Vast E-mail?

No that was not from the board it was a suggestion asking for inputs from everyone whether they agreed with it or not. That was coming from me and not the board.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    No that was not from the board it was a suggestion asking for inputs from everyone whether they agreed with it or not.

July 1st 2008 is a great date for a Deadline! I'm all for it! All those is favor/not in favor chime in and be heard!!

Cache and Be Happy!!!
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Red face my bad rick

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    No that was not from the board it was a suggestion asking for inputs from everyone whether they agreed with it or not. That was coming from me and not the board.
    i guess i wrote that wrong i wanted to ask if the board was going to make the decision or if it was up to the community. but now i got my answer. so i will say "in favor". i still would like to see other coin ideas come in though.

Oh, a cutout coin. Very nice!

EMS Danel : "You can get there from here"... people LOVE an inside joke. I think it would be a good selling point.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Arrow it's in there

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    This is why I suggested that we asked for artwork in the newsletter which was just published and set a deadline. That way, everyone would have known they only have a month left. One of the complaints from the last coin was that people weren't aware of what was going on until it was too late.

If you want the cutoff to be July 1st, perhaps this is one of those times a special notice should be sent out to all members?
    I know this is what we wanted, brdad, but at least this forum thread has been in the newsletter under Hot Topics consistantly. Hopefully people will read the thread. We can only lead them to the door so much, they have to walk through it.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    I know this is what we wanted, brdad, but at least this forum thread has been in the newsletter under Hot Topics consistantly. Hopefully people will read the thread. We can only lead them to the door so much, they have to walk through it.
    Would that be the good green door?

Wink reed to get through the good green door

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Would that be the good green door?
    haha! that's what we should have named the geocaching newsletter!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

in favor of July 1st