vb:literal>

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Geocaching Maine Geocoin

Yes. Everyone has talent, but I paint and draw, etc...
    Rick might have it figured out with That cool design! If you,
    ( JUST A SUGGESTION), are not too set on the heart shape, it would give you more rein on the design. Although the heart is also cool.

I have put together a couple ideas of what people have suggested but I don't know what it will take to get it moving forward or maybe no one is happy with the ideas put together yet.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I have put together a couple ideas of what people have suggested.......
    I looked at the photo you posted Rick....
    Just an idea....but...

what if you somehow incorporated a lobster trap behind the lobster that would somehow take on the look of the webbing of the snowshoe? It might tie it all together and break up some of the white background...
    I think the webbing of the snowshoe and lobster trap could actually be incorporated into eachother...if you space the slats out just right. I can visualize it but I just can't explain it....

Maybe an artist like Opalsns could help and sketch it out...
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

another idea...after looking at the picture on the photo gallery again.

What if you placed (instead) a smaller lobster headed into the opening at the toe of the snowshoe... making it look like he is headed into the trap..
    the hole at the tip of the snowshoe does sort of resemble an opening into a lobster trap doesn't it or is it just my overactive imagination?

these are just ideas.....
    carry on.....
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

I'm not sure, and it depends on how thw coin makers die comes out, but I think trying to put the snow shoe and trap together might make it look jumbled!. I kinda like Dan's Idea of the Lobster wearing the snow shoe, LOL!
    Hey Rick, How about trying, Lobster on trap for one side and snow show next to ammo can On the other?

How about something in the idea of these??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sno5.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	574.5 KB 
ID:	280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lobstertrap.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	274.3 KB 
ID:	281  

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    How about something in the idea of these??
    But what shape would the coin be then?
    Blazing Troll

i like finding coins and travel bugs and moving them along. however, i wont spend the money on them anymore.

Rick,
    I have a square coin, (Happy Cache-o-Ween) and BubbaBass has an oval coin(Cache of the Day) .Those shapes are cool , but if it is to be a shape like a heart, The way you have it is cool. How about putting a coin in one claw and a TB in the other claw and that would fill up the heart shape. Even Kacky's Idea of two huge claws is good.
    In the end the coin maker would do what they could to fit it in the die cut that's chosen.
    opalsns

I really like the coin shaped like the state. Dr Who had a couple of good ideas back a few pages.