vb:literal>

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Geocaching Maine Geocoin

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    How about a design contest? Everyone that wanted to could come up with a final completed design, front and back and and post the image on a thread just for the contest. Give a deadline for entries. Then let Sudonum, Since he's willing to run with this, pick the final 2 designs. Those 2 designs will be posted and given a deadline for voting.
    The magic word is DEADLINE !!!! Everyone knows there is a coin coming out and everyone can tell someone etc...
    There has to be a time limit or it will run into next year! Unless a 2008 - 2009 Caching season coin was to be made.
    I want to say again,... I like all designs I've seen and would buy any of them if it was minted!!
    Thanx for listening,
    Opalsns
    I like the idea. I would be afraid that not to many people would contribute to the contest that have not already posted there ideas though. I could be wrong.
    Blazing Troll

Then they probabally just don't want to enter.
    Deadline !!!!! The magic word !!! If they don't have an entry in by the deadline, Oh Well !
    I will sit this one out only because I'm new, It's late in the year and I really like the idea's out there now. Lobster/Snowshoe and Maine State Shaped coin.
    The contest Idea could be for the 2009 coin, everyone will know about it by then and there could be a prize, like the person with the winning coin design gets 2 free coins. 1 to keep and 1 to trade. Just an idea.
    What does everbody think about voting on the 2 designs they have now and starting a contest for next year ?
    Start taking entries January 1st 2009 and making the DEADLINE for entries February 1st 2009. Let Sudonum or whoever takes on the job ,Have the month of February to pick 2 or 3 coin designs, then put them out to be voted on during the month of March with the voting DEADLINE being March 31st 2009. The winning design would be annouced and sent in to be worked out on April 1st 2009.
    Or something on that idea, Just a thought.
    But as of right now I would vote for the snowshoe front/lobster back coin because it's different than any coin I've seen. It also represents summer and winter. I don't know who's Idea it was and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I just like that coin.
    Opalsns

Lightbulb suggestion

I like everyone's comments here, so this is a suggestion:

Let's start a new poll thread where all proposals are posted and everyone can vote for one. One person would need to start this new thread so that all proposals are posted before voting starts. I really haven't gotten the hang of posting pictures in threads yet, and I know that's not an excuse not to volunteer to do this simple quick task, but if someone who does know now how to would volunteer, that'd be great!

I suggest for a timeline:

April 11th: Someone volunteer to post proposals in new poll thread. Perhaps the easiest way to do so is to request that "artists" send their proposals by email?

April 18th: All artists get proposals to thread poster.

April 26th: Deadline for posting thread, voting begins! Deadline for volunteer who'll submit design to manufacturer and handle finances/delivery of coins (Sudinom?)

May 1st: Newsletter released with link

May 21st: Voting Polls close (this is so that I can post the winner in the Newsletter that gets reviewed by the Board through the 31st)

June 1st: Newsletter released with announcement of winning design. Deadline for submittal to manufacturer.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

That sounds like a great plan to me !!!
    How would the vote be handled? Do we vote on that same thread and then count the posts?
    Opalsns

not an entry

not an entry

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post

April 26th: Deadline for posting thread, voting begins! Deadline for volunteer who'll submit design to manufacturer and handle finances/delivery of coins (Sudinom?)
    Timeline's gonna have to be a little longer than that. I'll be out of the country from the middle of next week until early May.

How about this...
    I will volunteer to start now taking email photos ( jpeg or gif ) of completed Front and Back ideas for 2008 coin contest. I will accept designs untill midnight (est )April 27, 2009.
    On Monday, April 28, 2009 I will post thread with All entries at same time. I will not post names, only the designs. If there are duplicate designs, the first one recieved, by date and time , will be accepted only!!!! Voting Begins as soon as thread is posted.
    Voting ENDS Midnite ( EST ) May 11, 2009.
    May 12, 2009 Winning design is a announced and Sudonum takes over !!!!
    When coins are recieved, the winner gets free coin.
    What Do you think?????
    Let me know today and I will post address to accept photos.
    Opalsns

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    How about this...
    I will volunteer to start now taking email photos ( jpeg or gif ) of completed Front and Back ideas for 2008 coin contest. I will accept designs untill midnight (est )April 27, 2009.
    On Monday, April 28, 2009 I will post thread with All entries at same time. I will not post names, only the designs. If there are duplicate designs, the first one recieved, by date and time , will be accepted only!!!! Voting Begins as soon as thread is posted.
    Voting ENDS Midnite ( EST ) May 11, 2009.
    May 12, 2009 Winning design is a announced and Sudonum takes over !!!!
    When coins are recieved, the winner gets free coin.
    What Do you think?????
    Let me know today and I will post address to accept photos.
    Opalsns
    I am confused as to why we need to email photos to any individual for the contest or even submissions? We have a place in the gallery title Maine Geocoin Inputs that was designed for inputs and suggestions.
    Blazing Troll

The other issue I have with this is that we have never had a design submitted that ran without modification.

If all entries are shown at the same time, we have no way to change minor parts of a design. With the other ones, several designs were posted, people said what they liked/didn't like, changes were made and we found something that most of us were happy with.