vb:literal>

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Geocaching Maine Geocoin

Good Idea too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    How about a round coin with snowshoes on one side and either the State or lobster, or lobster trap on other....one of the designs, just on a round coin....faster..cheaper.
    Works for me, too.

My previous thoughts were: Anyone in the world should be able to look at the coin and recognize that it's the "Maine" coin....and....that we should consider having a lobster on it. So to throw in another 2 cents worth (that will total 6 cents): consider either a coin shaped like the State of Maine or round......front would say Maine 2008...back would have pics of snowshoes, black bear, lobster, and someone fly fishing. In fact, I would suggest a woman doing the fly fishing to salute all the female sporters/geocachers.

Sooooooooo,
    What's going on with the 2008 coin?
    Opalsns

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Sooooooooo,
    What's going on with the 2008 coin?
    Opalsns
    I don't know what is going on but here is another suggestions seeing some want a winter caching theme.

Blazing Troll

I like that idea. It reminds me of all the trips to Maine before we moved here. We traveled at night and I would look at all the windows and wish we were in that "Warm Yellow Glow"!!!

How about not having a coin? Yes I am serious.

The last coin was not the most attractive coin that I have seen. The ideas I have seen have not improved on the last one. I'm not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings, just giving my opinion. Maine Shaped coin - Been done Lobster coin - Being done

If you are going to do a Maine coin, then you need to think about what people from outside the state think about when they think Maine
    You need three people to develop the coin, the Artist, the Business person and the Consultant. Once those people work together and create a couple of options for people to choose from and once a design is chosen it will be up to them to make any needed adjustments for the production of the coin. The design options need to go out for all Maine Geocachers to vote on not just people on this site, otherwise it would just be a Geocaching Maine.org coin.

So if you (general term) are going to do a “Maine” coin then do it right. If you are going to do a GeocachingMaine.org coin then do that right, but call it what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tlarson View Post
    So if you (general term) are going to do a “Maine” coin then do it right. If you are going to do a GeocachingMaine.org coin then do that right, but call it what it is.[/COLOR]
    Actually, you're right. The coin is "a project of geocachingmaine.org". Look at the last coin. It clearly indicates "geocachingmaine.org" on the back

We can call it anything we want. There is nothing stated or implied that it represents the ENTIRE geocaching community in Maine.

Call it what it is and it will be less confusing for other people.

Quote Originally Posted by tlarson View Post
    [COLOR=black]The design options need to go out for all Maine Geocachers to vote on not just people on this site, otherwise it would just be a Geocaching Maine.org coin.
    Unless you know something I don't, there is no way of getting a vote out to all Maine geocachers. One of the main reasons this site was created was to unite as many Maine cachers as possible as well as those that have interest in caching in Maine. While the site is a small percentage of those people, it is the best option we have at the moment.

While we will probably never be able to contact all Maine cachers, we can all do our part by promoting this site by word of mouth, leaving Geocaching Maine cards in the caches we find, adding the site's logo to our cache pages, and other methods of promotion. Almost any email I send regarding geocaching has the logo and link as a signature line, and an invitation to join the site.

So IMO it is a geocachingmaine.org coin, we don't need to change that. We just need to do what we can to invite cachers to our site. It not only benefits the coin, but the entire site.