vb:literal>

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Geocaching Maine Geocoin

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Unless you know something I don't, there is no way of getting a vote out to all Maine geocachers.
    Make a post on the MGA site, that should at least bring a lot of the southern maine cachers. Make a thread or post in the GC fourms, there may be maine cachers there that do not visit either GCMaine or MGA. Just doing it on GCMaine is not the best option out there, just the one that takes the least work.
    Last edited by tlarson; 05-14-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: added quote

We usually do post concerning the coin to the gc.com forums, though we could definitely do a better job there. And last I knew, it was MGA's policy to delete any mention of this site. If that is not the case, then someone should post there and invite their members to participate in any and all stages of the coin development. The more input we have, the better the final result will be.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Another place we've announced coin sales, but not done well soliciting ideas is the forum section of GC. Maybe we can get some other design inputs from there.

How about a design contest? Participants submit their design(s) by a certain date. All the designs are displayed, the one that gets the most votes wins. Winner get a free coin or 2 or 3 and that cost is divided into the final cost of the coin when they go up for sale. Would be awesome if MGA would run the same contest with the same designs at the same time. In the end add the votes together from the two sites. This should involve a majority of the registered members of both sites.

Then we could have an event announcing the winner!
    Last edited by TRF; 05-14-2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Added content
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

d’76 Guest

I dont object to having just a GCmaine coin. I'm comfortible even calling it that.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    I dont object to having just a GCmaine coin. I'm comfortible even calling it that.
    I agree Dave. One half of a dozen or the other. If we are trying to get more people involved in the process then my previous post but if the coin was a GCM.org coin, that would be cool too..
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    How about a design contest? Everyone that wanted to could come up with a final completed design, front and back and and post the image on a thread just for the contest. Give a deadline for entries. Then let Sudonum, Since he's willing to run with this, pick the final 2 designs. Those 2 designs will be posted and given a deadline for voting.
    The magic word is DEADLINE !!!! Everyone knows there is a coin coming out and everyone can tell someone etc...
    There has to be a time limit or it will run into next year! Unless a 2008 - 2009 Caching season coin was to be made.
    I want to say again,... I like all designs I've seen and would buy any of them if it was minted!!
    Thanx for listening,
    Opalsns
    I tried metioning a design contest already back in April. It wasn't a big hit.
    Opalsns

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    I tried metioning a design contest already back in April. It wasn't a big hit.
    Opalsns
    The new "concern" from Tlarsen is that the coin is not representative of the entire state of Maine or a majority of Maine cachers. If the concept behind the coin is to make it representative of Maine then it has to include as many Maine cachers as possible. GM.org and the MGA are 2 independent entities and at one time there was a certain amount of animosity between the sites. If there is or isn't is irrelevant and maybe something like this would help unite the 2 sites behind a common cause. You were just ahead of your time when you suggested it. Maybe it will gain more support as the 2008 season diminishes into 2009. I'm for it.

If the coin is a GM.org coin then "we" as a group still need to decide.

I'm thinking that if you put an incentive behind it, maybe it would generate more interest and participants into the process instead of, "When are the 2008 Maine geocoins up for sale?" or, "How is the 2008 Maine Geocoin coming along?"

I'm not a coin guy so honestly I don't care one way or another . . . but the one thing I can say is that there always seems to be a lot of talk on this issue, but very little action. . . . for the coin lovers out there I hope someone will take these ideas and act on them.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I'm not a coin guy so honestly I don't care one way or another . . . but the one thing I can say is that there always seems to be a lot of talk on this issue, but very little action. . . . for the coin lovers out there I hope someone will take these ideas and act on them.
    I agree. And if it's that hard for one site to produce a coin, trying to get two to collaborate on ideas would be near impossible. I vote for keeping it on this site. Cachers are welcome to join one or both sites, so nothing is stopping anyone from participating. The key is informing those that might be interested in doing so.

Perhaps we can find some coin addicts to work with Sudonim on a strategy plan and a time line.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."