vb:literal>

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Geocaching Maine Geocoin

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    The new "concern" from Tlarsen is...
    O not E

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I agree. And if it's that hard for one site to produce a coin, trying to get two to collaborate on ideas would be near impossible. I vote for keeping it on this site. Cachers are welcome to join one or both sites, so nothing is stopping anyone from participating. The key is informing those that might be interested in doing so.

Perhaps we can find some coin addicts to work with Sudonim on a strategy plan and a time line.

LOL,,,The bolded statements leave us where we were before Tlarson posted his thoughts. Funny how things go full circle and still no closer to any resolution.

If we are going to do a GM.org coin then it could be any topic. Why not a memorial coin to Aefuss and LandRocket?
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tlarson View Post
    O not E

Hahaha Tims not at work either today

Like I've said before, once the design is approved, the sales/distribution is ready to go, but as I'm not an artist, I'm relying on everyone else to come up with the art that we can (mostly) all agree on. If nobody has any other input on design, is one of the submitted designs something we can use, or work with to get to something we can use?

LOL,,,The bolded statements leave us where we were before Tlarson posted his thoughts. Funny how things go full circle and still no closer to any resolution.

If we are going to do a GM.org coin then it could be any topic. Why not a memorial coin to Aefuss and LandRocket?
    Well, we must be moving forward - This thread was supposed to be asking if we wanted a coin or not, and we already have some designs discussed methods of promoting it!

Regardless, I think someone needs to volunteer to help move the process along, post a thread asking for ideas and artwork, then one to vote on that artwork, and any other stages. Where are the coin lovers? Speak up, take on the challenge, and help with the process! Medawisla stepped up to the plate and took on responsibility of the newsletter, and she has done a great job at it. One of the main purposes for having a newsletter was to reach out to the members who don't visit often and let them know about projects like the coin. The site could use someone like her to help out on this project.

As far as a memorial coin, I like the idea, but it may not be a coin that appeals to the masses. Great for us locals, however. Depends on who your target market is.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

How about a design contest? Participants submit their design(s) by a certain date. All the designs are displayed, the one that gets the most votes wins. Winner get a free coin or 2 or 3
    This has been brought up with no luck. It seems that myself and two others are the only one that have had coin inputs. I have another one that I am working on but have not put it to design yet. It is all in my head right now (scary).
    Blazing Troll

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TRF
    The new "concern" from Tlarsen is...

O not E

Are you sure???

My bad Mr. tLarsin
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by tlarson View Post
    Call it what it is and it will be less confusing for other people.
    Sheesh! If it's not a "Maine geocoin", should call it a "New Hampshire geocoin"?

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    We usually do post concerning the coin to the gc.com forums, though we could definitely do a better job there. And last I knew, it was MGA's policy to delete any mention of this site. If that is not the case, then someone should post there and invite their members to participate in any and all stages of the coin development. The more input we have, the better the final result will be.
    They still object to any mention of this site on theirs. Both Hiram and myself have had our posts deleted without any explanation as to why either. Can't understand it but hey it's their site and they run it the way they want to.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Has there been an agreement on what the coin might be or when? Is there a contest? Are there any designs submitted?