vb:literal>

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Geocaching Maine Geocoin

I have not been pushing to get the coin done because I have been working with the Team "Hide from the kids" helping them design there 2008 2008 Geocaching Maine coin input. Now that it is done then I am all for pushing forward. If anyone has any other ideas please submit them.

What I am about to present is all there ideas. I have nothing to do with it. All I did was put it together in Photoshop. I will say I love this and think it is the best one so far.

In the first image I am just displaying the front and back of the proposed coin.

In the second image I am trying to explain the design a little but using another image of a Hammer Metal Black finish from another coin.

Blazing Troll

Default Very nice disign

I like the design Jamie. Nice job! I would buy those coins anyway, because they are Maine coins. I would hope others would buy them, because they are a bit different. JMHO
    Happy Trails!

We Really Enjoyed Working With Rick On This. It Is Nice To Know People Are Willing To Help Out Still. There's A Lot Of Real Nice People In This Community. Rick Your Efforts Give Geocachers A Great Name And We Are Proud To Be A Part Of That. Hope To Meet Soon.

The jpg presents a tiny picture for me but I think I get the idea. The state inside the ring - is it cut out? That is very cool if it is, instead of a solid circle. Would love to see the detail. I like it!

I really like this one. One concern, the 4 small logos on the outer rim of the front, are they big enough to reproduce on the die? I'm thinking specifically about the GPS, lots of detail on a small spot. The simpler icons like the hiker would work better.

I think this coin would be a winner. Nice job Hide from the kids and Rick on getting this design up.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    The jpg presents a tiny picture for me but I think I get the idea. The state inside the ring - is it cut out? That is very cool if it is, instead of a solid circle. Would love to see the detail. I like it!
    If you click on the icon then it will open a new window of the image in the gallery. If you click on the image again in the gallery then it should open to the full size photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I really like this one. One concern, the 4 small logos on the outer rim of the front, are they big enough to reproduce on the die? I'm thinking specifically about the GPS, lots of detail on a small spot. The simpler icons like the hiker would work better.

I think this coin would be a winner. Nice job Hide from the kids and Rick on getting this design up.
    Yes Andy that was a concern of mine too but I was not sure so I posted it. I figured you see it and say whether it was OK or not. Is there any way you could check into it for us.
    Blazing Troll

I just emailed Elyssa at Coins&Pins. She is going to offer suggestions on the design as well as a rough cost estimate. Should get back to me today.

Thanks for the tips on opening the jpg Rick. Had to use another technique but got it.

Very nicely done. Especially like the open silouette - style. Also inclusion of the web site address.

Heard back from Elyssa. Here is what she said.

Thank you for sending me the preliminary design. Based on the specs l suggest making this coin in a zinc metal instead of brass although zinc is a little bit lighter in weight, it will not take away for the overall look or quality of the coin. Zinc is a softer metal and works better on coins with cut-outs.

Also, I suggest increasing the size to a 42mm diameter this way the details in the center can look better.

Looks like this coin will be more expensive. It's a little larger and with 2 new dies (front and back) as well as a die to punch out the centers.
    I'll have to work the numbers adding in the paypal % but it looks like this would be AROUND $8 to $9 per coin plus mailing. That's based on a 250 coin order.

Just my opinion but I'm not sure the cutouts for the State really work. The obverse looking at the State backwards looks kind of funky. maybe a solid coin with the backside showing the state the way it should be shown would work out better and maybe lessen the cost. Just my thoughts, Great design though and good work to both of you guys.

If you get a set design and do a prepay like in previous years maybe with more interest we can get the price down with more orders above the 250 mark.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.