vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Like to Read?

Default And getting back to books.....

Bruce, why don't you just get books from the Maine State Library outreach books-by-mail program? Solon is an eligible town. They pay the postage to get the book to you and when you're done you just drop it in the bag and pay the return postage. Until this year they paid the postage both ways. You can get just about any book in the world that you want. I use that service some but have a weakness for used books and /or paperbacks through Amazon.com. I like to share books, or give them away when I'm done. Start a book cache (a BIG one) and I'll be over! What kind of books do you like???

PS I'm sorry that Bessie ate Terry!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Talking Not so fast there you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    wait a minute!! terry isn't organic!! he broke that cows diet!!!!
    Oh he is organic, just not vegetarian.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    . . .Start a book cache (a BIG one) and I'll be over! What kind of books do you like??? . . .
    Sounds like you need to work your way down to my Book-nobile Cache or Moxie Pup's Book Worm cache . . . just regular sized ammo cans however so the number and selection are limited.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    That was a good cache. Anyone heard from Terry? He used to be pretty active here.
    I haven't seen him at his other "haunt" . . . a snowmobile site either.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

We will probably be hearing form him soon as the fair circuit I think must be winding down soon.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Bruce, why don't you just get books from the Maine State Library outreach books-by-mail program? Solon is an eligible town. They pay the postage to get the book to you and when you're done you just drop it in the bag and pay the return postage.
    I'm very familiar with this program! LOL! But we've got HUNDREDS of paperbacks, and we like to trade. Gotta recycle, you know! LOL!

What kind of books do you like???
    I read all kinds, but I'm partial to drama/detective, etc.

Bruce, why don't you just get books from the Maine State Library outreach books-by-mail program?
    And I absolutely hate this program! But that's a rather long and involved story - better discussed around a campfire on some summer evening. Maybe we'll get up to Eustis Campground next year! LOL!

I love to read and am lucky that the folks I work with also love reading. We have a "swap and trade" box in the office. We put our names inside the jackets of the ones we want back and the rest are up for grabs (those usually aren't the best reads though...)

Maybe we can have a book swap/trade at an event some time.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

That sounds good - I know about an event in Sept '08 if someone doesn't do this before LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    I love to read and am lucky that the folks I work with also love reading. We have a "swap and trade" box in the office. We put our names inside the jackets of the ones we want back and the rest are up for grabs (those usually aren't the best reads though...)
    You really should check out the BookMooch site!