vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast & Caching - 11/11

Question how many monkeys jumping on the bed

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I ususally stay in the Country Inn right next to the Home Depot. Much to my surprise that when I tried to book a room last week they were filled. I am 19 miles away in Bucksport. I got the last room. Not too far out of the way. So I am told. Everything else in Bangor/Brewer was filled. Only other choice was camping!
    So...I guess we'll stay with you then?? hehe

I think we're out of luck for hotels...but Hiram's looking...
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Default Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    So...I guess we'll stay with you then?? hehe

I think we're out of luck for hotels...but Hiram's looking...
    OMG! Can you imagine.....
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I did a search for hotels, too, and came up with nothing. What's going on in the Bangor area that weekend?? Surely, there can't be that many people planning on attending the two geocaching events! LOL!

Last I knew there is rooms in Belfast and Waterville...but for most that won't help much. We have a waiting list a mile long for rooms Friday and Saturday night. Not sure what is going, but I heard somewhere about a flash mob!!!! I might have to check that one out myself! he he heh

Well - it is not Bingo at Indian Island (Francis Family works those and she is off until December). There is the parade and sometimes they do bring in folks from away - but we have a lot of rooms so that can't be it. Every church in the area seems to be having a church fair, but, hubby said that surely couldn't be it.........a few local bean suppas - again not something one would reserve an overnight room.........

Hey, I'm local and can't figure it out. T2H went to one of the hotels outside of Bangor itself.

I think part of the problem is the loss of the Main Street rooms (roughly 200) when the Holiday Inn and the Maine Street Inn were torn down to make way for the new Hollywood Slots. The remaining hotels have definately seen the impact.

There's winter camping in Eddington!

Ummm...Hollora might have the coords right but the name wrong for dining. It's no longer "The Bagel Shop"... better known now as Bagel Central (sorry mom couldn't resist) )
    I think issues with hotel rooms might be that this is a long weekend due to holiday Monday and we are in prime time for Canadian Christmas shopping, especially due to the fact that their money is at premium right now...
    Has anyone looked into hotel options in Old Town/Orono area?!? ... Milford Motel, Black Bear Inn, University Inn and Link View Motel
    Becka Francis Family

Twin City Motor Inn in Brewer is pretty big and usually has vacancies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Last I knew there is rooms in Belfast and Waterville...but for most that won't help much. We have a waiting list a mile long for rooms Friday and Saturday night. Not sure what is going, but I heard somewhere about a flash mob!!!! I might have to check that one out myself! he he heh
    Sweet! I'll check for rooms in the waterville area....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.