vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newsletters

Well you've got a great sample there so you might as well just keep up the good work and mail them out....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thumbs up

Personally, since I appreciate all the time that the board puts into the Maine Geocaching community, I understand their request to have a volunteer write up the monthly newsletter. I also understand the thoughts posted here too.

I'll leave it up to the board and Sap to decide, but here is my offer.

I'm familiar with the newsletter format brdad posted, as it is the one used in many of the non-profits that I have worked for in the past. I would not mind doing a monthly newsletter. I love the excuse to get on the site as often as possible anyway.

A newsletter is a great thing and I so I wouldn't mind helping making it a reality.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Thumbs up There you go board

Looks like you found that sa... er I mean volunteer you were looking for. In all seriousness I think that is a generous offer on your part Stef.
    Happy Trails!

I 2nd that motion to have Stef write up the newsletter. Thanks for stepping up Stef.

Smile details details details

So...Let me make a suggestion:
    I submit a draft newsletter one week before the 1st of the month of the newsletter. The newsletter gets reviewed in that week and emailed on the 1st of the month of the newsletter. Is that a doable timeframe?
    Question: Who do I email the newsletter to for review?
    How's this going down?
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    So...Let me make a suggestion:
    I submit a draft newsletter one week before the 1st of the month of the newsletter. The newsletter gets reviewed in that week and emailed on the 1st of the month of the newsletter. Is that a doable timeframe?
    Question: Who do I email the newsletter to for review?
    How's this going down?
    An update: Three of five Advisory Board members support Medawisla for Newsletter Editor (the other 2 have not yet voiced an opinion).

My suggestion - if it can be done - is to give you access to the Advisory Board forum so that the newsletter would be "out of sight" until reviewed, but still give us the opportunity to make comments or discuss issues with you. I don't expect that there would be any problem with the content you submit, but - and there was some disagreement on this - since it would be an "official" geocachingmaine.org issue, I think we do need to "approve" the content before it goes out to all members

Again - this is my suggestion - not yet discussed with the other Board members. But I think it will happen... LOL!

I think the easiest way will be to create a forum post in the "Feedback To Board Members" section of the site and create or paste the newsletter into that. This will make it easy for a board member or two to do a quick scan of the newsletter and an easy place to be copied from to be put into email.

The feedback section of the site is a place for anyone to post information to which can only be read by the original poster and the 5 board members.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Looks like you have issued the ideal way to impliment the newsletter Brdad so I say go for it. Good luck Medawisla!!!

Lightbulb timeline

Ok, Here's what I'll do for now, while awaiting final, official word from the Board:
    I think it would actually be best if I can be in the chat on the 2nd to last wednesday of the month to include anything important from that in the newsletter. So I will post the newsletter no later than Thursday night in the Feedback to Advisory Board. Then someone (who?) of the Advisory Board will email by the 1st of the month...ok??
    I'm flexible , just trying to keep the geers turning so my thoughts can be sound boarded. Let me know when any decisions are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Looks like you have issued the ideal way to impliment the newsletter Brdad so I say go for it. Good luck Medawisla!!!
    I agree. I hadn't thought of the feedback forum.