vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Allegash Locomotives

Thumbs up Try this site

For more information go to this website.

http://www.state.me.us/doc/parks/aww.html

It seems to give a lot of info about the AWW

A house is not a home without a cat.

well I went to the website, and of course it being a state website, it gave me information about everything I didn't want to know... My biggest question is, is anyone allowed to just wander up there???? is there a cost to access the lands???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I would like to know too--had planned to take the family up to see them before all the hub-bub started. I have vauge recollections of Dad taking us up to see them around 35 years or so ago in our old International Travel-All.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team
    I would like to know too--had planned to take the family up to see them before all the hub-bub started. I have vauge recollections of Dad taking us up to see them around 35 years or so ago in our old International Travel-All.
    You mean you went to see them without taking a boat. Don't you know how against the rules that is. Even if it is the "woods" your not allowed there on foot. The only way you can get there is by boat or space craft. After all didnt the women with the great personality meet you at the gate and tell you that your not allowed to walk in the woods and still take all your money and send you on your way after telling you that you arent allowed to walk in the woods. Oh did I mention that you are not allowed to walk in the woods. After all skiddahs and loggin trucks dont do that much damage its the foot traffic that fridges everything up. Oh and further more they took the caches out of there so there is no need to go up there.

Well anyway, Mainiac1957, TAT and I are the only logs to have found the cache in there and guess what we WALKED! We deserve the death penalty so what do you say boys should we admit that we destroyed thousands of years of woods becuase we walked in.

Sorry about the tangant its just that they the ones from Mass that own the aaw make rules without ever being there. I'm starting to beleive that the Allagash would have never survived had it not been for the logging in the first place. They should just post it NO TRESPASSING and get rid of the huge tax dollars that are spent to keep us out in the first place.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    well I went to the website, and of course it being a state website, it gave me information about everything I didn't want to know... My biggest question is, is anyone allowed to just wander up there???? is there a cost to access the lands???
    no and yes of course it cost to get in there. Its just like the toll on the interstate. You pay and you cant stop along the road unless it's an emergency. God forbid you to get out of your vehicle. Man Hiram, whats your story. I thought that you may have been somewhat educated in the way that this state works. It's called vacation land because none of us can afford to go up there.

ummm... I don't get it Dave.... How do you really feel about all of this???

Angry Double death to me

I guess since I was up there twice this year they'll have to kill me twice. And yes I too walked in both times. I made sure not to walk on the "coveted" ground they're so all fired worried about. I just floated in there just above the ground so not to destroy the natural beauty/woods. OK so I'm being a "little" sarcastic. But I'm with Dave on this subject for sure. The AWW might as well be a park in Mass. Either that or Roxanne Quimby might as well buy it for her collection.
    Happy Trails!

I'm a little confused. How do they keep all the deer, moose, and other creatures from walking around FREELY in those woods, messing up nature as they go. Some of them are probably even eating (and worse) in those pristine woods. Somebody should do something about it.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    I'm a little confused. How do they keep all the deer, moose, and other creatures from walking around FREELY in those woods, messing up nature as they go. Some of them are probably even eating (and worse) in those pristine woods. Somebody should do something about it.
    They fly over real low with a crop duster filled with anthrax and they kill them. Thats what thet get for being animals in the aaw

We should form an Anti-AWW Coalition, I elect dave to be the leader.