vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cache Rescue

I saw this on the GC.com site, in their Knowledge base section: http://support.groundspeak.com/Suppo...d=15&nav=0,5,6

There is also an option for Maintenance required.

I think each situation is different...and each situation needs to be analyzed to determine what the best route to proceed is. Take for instance the B52...if I hadn't gone today to check on it, and someone tried to find it today and couldn't...I wouldn't want them to post a SBA note. I would appreciate a note saying "Hey, we tried to find it and couldn't, this is where we looked," or a Needs Maintenance note if they did find it but it was wet, etc. Either way, there is no way I'm going back in that road until spring!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Excuse me - is there something I missed? Isn't the separate thread thing exactly what Cache Maine mentioned?

Why do we need any more of a volunteer? This should be self running if folks don't get off thread.

There is surely a lot of administrative stuff I do not know about the site but seems this issue is just one of communication - which is what this whole site is about.
    I suggested a separate forum category, a place to keep threads concerning cache rescue together, so they didn't get buried in other forum posts.

The other suggestion was for a willing cacher to report caches in one thread. It was just an idea - and probably not a likely one; One of the main reasons I backed off from the cache rescue was that there was so many caches for one person to try to keep track of.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I suggested a separate forum category, a place to keep threads concerning cache rescue together, so they didn't get buried in other forum posts.
    Cache Rescue will have it's own little spot...and I think as long as cachers post the gc and the name in the title of each new thread, it should stay pretty organized. Do you have any really old caches that were on the orginal list that might still be a concern? We could add those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Cache Rescue will have it's own little spot...and I think as long as cachers post the gc and the name in the title of each new thread, it should stay pretty organized. Do you have any really old caches that were on the orginal list that might still be a concern? We could add those as well.
    Hmm, I will take a look through the list again. I think many of them were taken care of. I am concerned with the physical caches by AA1YB if they have not been adopted, and there are about 80 caches that are disabled right now which is scary.

Sad to see a lot of older ones going lately. 11 of Maine's first 20 caches have mow been archived. But, we do not need the geolitter giving the game a bad name.

One thing that would help is if cache owners, when archiving a cache, state in the post that the cache has been removed (if they have removed it, of course).
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    One thing that would help is if cache owners, when archiving a cache, state in the post that the cache has been removed (if they have removed it, of course).
    This is very true. And of course, anyone who helps in the effort could post a note as well.

Ya know, with all the caches that need a possible rescue, it's really cluttering up the "new posts" section of the forums, is there a way to make this some kinda sub category, so that all the threads show up as one new one instead of about 20???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Ya know, with all the caches that need a possible rescue, it's really cluttering up the "new posts" section of the forums, is there a way to make this some kinda sub category, so that all the threads show up as one new one instead of about 20???
    I noticed this too, but I don't think much can be done. It already is a subcategory, but that does not help. Perhaps after a day or two when they get caught up they will subside.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Ya know, instead of trying to get some responsible cachers to go and check these archived caches to make sure they were cleaned up, we ought to get some of the "bigger" cachers to go and visit the cache owners - ya know - Me, G Team, Noreasta, Brdad, Mainiac1957, Team2Hunt... I'm sure we could convince them to return to the "caching family" and practice good CITO principles! LOL!

Speaking of that Hiram, have you fixed YOUR cache that needs to be replaced?