vb:literal>

Thread: GC5441 Morse Mountain

Default GC5441 Morse Mountain

In July, the Bates-Morse Mountain Conservation Area landowner and Board asked for the cache to be removed because permission had not been granted. The cache owner was planning on going to try and obtain permission but was delayed.

In August, GPSFun archived the cache. There is no note on the page that the container was ever removed.

Sadly, this appears to be another case where the "conservators" don't want anyone on the property.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sadly, this appears to be another case where the "conservators" don't want anyone on the property.
    Agreed. And it is a shame. Perhaps communication with them from someone would have given it a chance.

Since it appears this did not happen, we (as a community) owe it to them to ensure the container is removed. Perhaps they have already taken it, but, on the off chance this did not happen - it should be check on if someone is in the area.

JMHO

I think it would be better to end the speculation and simply ask for permission to place another cache. The "conservators" may even embrace Geocaching if it does not go against their goals.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    I think it would be better to end the speculation and simply ask for permission to place another cache. The "conservators" may even embrace Geocaching if it does not go against their goals.
    The cache was archived by GPSFun - so it is open for the taking to anyone who is up for the challenge. May anyone who is willing - go for it!

My post is not to debate the location or to attempt to find someone to fix it - rather - to, hopefully, have someone either ensure the geocache is gone (and hopefully post it to the cache page for closure) OR to remove it (and again, hopefully post to the cache page).

Permission and fixing replacement may take place after goecachers have complied with their original wishes.