vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GCK27G - Time and Tide Wait for No Geocacher.

Default GCK27G - Time and Tide Wait for No Geocacher.

Seems this one is in trouble. The cache has to be one of my all time favorites. A tad of a challenge but loads of fun and beautiful. It is a bit outside of Jonesport.

The logs indicate the ammo box is empty, the bag was located in another location, question of if the ammo box is even where it belongs ~ the logs tell a long story. Everyone who has found the cache has tried to help in some small way but this needs help.

The owner posted they have moved away and can not maintain the cache. They are willing to adopt it to a new cache owner.

If I lived closer I would be willing - anyone Downeast who may be interested?

And FYI - to anyone who is going to make a wise comment about me being the Cache Police...but I do have a pretty new coin which says that on it.....this is not the case. I just noticed the posting by the cache owner and thought I would share it.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post

And FYI - to anyone who is going to make a wise comment about me being the Cache Police...but I do have a pretty new coin which says that on it.....this is not the case. I just noticed the posting by the cache owner and thought I would share it.
    No worries there Hollora, you are stepping up and helping all of us maintain the caches here in Maine...for all to enjoy. That's what is important. Thanks.

I might be able to adopt this one, however depending it's availibility during the winter months it may be a month or so before I can get to it. I will email the owner through GC.com. This cache was on my list for this spring anyway.

That would be wonderful - I am sure the cache owner would appreciate it. If caches are unavailable in the winter some folks disable them so they don't come in on people's queries. Also if they are waiting to get to them.

After adoption, the option would be open to you. Thank you.

Default here we go again.........

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Seems this one is in trouble. The cache has to be one of my all time favorites. A tad of a challenge but loads of fun and beautiful. It is a bit outside of Jonesport.

The logs indicate the ammo box is empty, the bag was located in another location, question of if the ammo box is even where it belongs ~ the logs tell a long story. Everyone who has found the cache has tried to help in some small way but this needs help.

The owner posted they have moved away and can not maintain the cache. They are willing to adopt it to a new cache owner.

If I lived closer I would be willing - anyone Downeast who may be interested?

The cache police in action....... I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night and was feeling a little............well you know.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by al'Thor View Post
    I might be able to adopt this one, however depending it's availibility during the winter months it may be a month or so before I can get to it. I will email the owner through GC.com. This cache was on my list for this spring anyway.
    Cool! Thanks! This area has some great caches and is worth a trip.

Smile Cache Adopted !!!!!!!

I have adopted this cache. I have disabled the cache until I can replace, explore and make changes. I hope to have it ready within the first couple of weeks in April. I am very excited to to own this cache.

Congrats,it's because of cachers like yourself that makes caching worthwhile. We have to look out for each other.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by al'Thor View Post
    I have adopted this cache. I have disabled the cache until I can replace, explore and make changes. I hope to have it ready within the first couple of weeks in April. I am very excited to to own this cache.
    Thanks! Sadly, we didn't get "Down East" this year. Too busy going to other places! LOL!

But we're talking about going to PEI after the Rendezvous Quebec event, so will be coming through on the way back. Hope there are lots of new caches in the area!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Thanks! Sadly, we didn't get "Down East" this year. Too busy going to other places! LOL!

But we're talking about going to PEI after the Rendezvous Quebec event, so will be coming through on the way back. Hope there are lots of new caches in the area!

Within a fews months you should start seeing more caches within the Machias Area. There are so many great places here just screaming for a chance to have a cache.