vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GC8950-B52 Crash Stash

Hybrid View

Default GC8950-B52 Crash Stash

B52 Crash Stash

We recently adopted this cache and had made plans to check on it this weekend.

We drove the 80 miles to check on this one, and the last 10 miles were close to impassable. The access road to the site was glare ice but we dropped it into 4WD and took on the challenge. Finally, at the site, we worked our way through snow and a crusty coating of frozen rain...and was unable to retreive the container from the location that I remember it to be in.

I have disabled the listing until spring. I do believe that the container is still there. If anyone happens to be in the area, and remembers the location...please attempt to locate this and secure it high in the tree. Take care that it can't be seen from the road, but off the ground. It would be greatly appreciated.

We made it safely back out the access road, and finally found tar road again. I think this location is worthy of a cache, and I can't wait to get back in the spring to be able to enjoy more than I did today!

Always an adventure here at the Cache Maine camp!

Ralph and I had a similar experience in my adoption (and it has been adopted again by happy trolls) of Stonehouse Blues. The road was ice over granite and broke riverlettes of water running down from the hill. I don't think as bad as you may have encountered but it may not be passable soon.

Sorry you could not retrieve the cache. The Stonehouse Blues one was totally missing. That could be determined.

Surely you will be back and this will be up and running this spring. I am always up for another approach to and adventure on the Golden Road!

Maybe jake still has the picture... but there is a pic of everyone that was at the first TL:2007 event, and we had lined up the vehicles for a pic and if my photographic memory serves me well... ( ) we are all lined up next to the pine tree that the cache was hidden under.... (maybe if someone can post the pic it will jog your memory a bit)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Maybe jake still has the picture... but there is a pic of everyone that was at the first TL:2007 event, and we had lined up the vehicles for a pic and if my photographic memory serves me well... ( ) we are all lined up next to the pine tree that the cache was hidden under.... (maybe if someone can post the pic it will jog your memory a bit)

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/galle...500/ppuser/353

To the right of Hiram's Jeep.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Hiram, Yes! That would be great! Grasping at straws....well pine trees....at this point! And it was sooooo cold today....brrrrrrr....

Yep, that's where I was...but I guess I didn't find the right tree...how far off the road was it when you guys found it? I remember it being about 80 or so feet away from the road, at the base of a pine tree, that you had to kinda go around the back in order to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Yep, that's where I was...but I guess I didn't find the right tree...how far off the road was it when you guys found it? I remember it being about 80 or so feet away from the road, at the base of a pine tree, that you had to kinda go around the back in order to get to.
    I don't remember it being that far, I remember driving within about 20ft of it. I don't recall much of a walk, I thought it was just across the ditch.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I don't remember it being that far, I remember driving within about 20ft of it. I don't recall much of a walk, I thought it was just across the ditch.
    Yeah, IIRC, it was a step or two over a ditch, then beside a tree.

It was to the right and over the ditch and about 30 feet in and I believe it was near a small pine tree or something like that.
    Blazing Troll