vb:literal>

Thread: Mt. Agamenticus Event Cache

Hybrid View

Default Mt. Agamenticus Event Cache

Mark your calenders! The third? annual Mt. Agamenticus CITO Event Cache will be on 23 April 05.

Like the previous events here, this will be held rain or shine and include some clean up (this is a very clean place) and a one day only cache (short walk in the woods)

I had hoped to have a paperless "roundtable" or seminar, but the lodge does not open until the following week and I will be in Germany for a few weeks.

If anyone has any new ideas for the event or if anyone wants to help organize and/or own the event, let me know.

Angry Sounds like fun...but

I'll have to miss it. Will be flying home from Fla. that day. Sorry we won't be there.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Smile Hmmm....

So Tat, is this date concrete? And this is in the York area right?

Talking Fantastic!

Awesome! I haven't been to the other Agamenticus events so I am excited to be able to attend this year. I look forward to it!

It's on my PPC Calendar and as soon as you post the coordinates, I'll import it into my PPC using the Streets and Trips software I purchased today. Yippeeee! I am just about there with the paperless approach. Though there won't be a room to gather specifically for a round table discussion, perhaps we can do it outside it the weather permits and people are interested.

Thanks, Tom!!
    Last edited by Beach Comber; 02-10-2005 at 09:00 PM.

Default The date is set...

... because it is tradition! And, yes it is in the town of York, just west of the turnpike.

Default Bad News...

My employer promised that we would all be leaving for Cologne, Germany on the 24th. Unfortunately, the corporate head office says everyone must leave on the 22nd. On the bright side, it did give me an idea for an activity: Where's TAT?, the closest guess gets a prize.

So, I need to re-think the Mt. Agamenticus Event.

The options are:

1. Find someone to own or co-own the event. I am willing to do any or all of the organizing and prep. work.

2. Change the date. This is not a good option because I will be gone for nearly 3 weeks and do not want to take this on the day I get back. The next weekend after that is Memorial day weekend and that won't work. June is very far from the traditional last week end of April time frame. Having it earlier is a little risky due to the weather. But, you can't predict the weather.

3. Cancel the event this year. The last option. I know a lot of people have said they are looking forward to going.

Any volunteers? Here's your chance to add another icon to your list!

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    My employer promised that we would all be leaving for Cologne, Germany on the 24th. Unfortunately, the corporate head office says everyone must leave on the 22nd. On the bright side, it did give me an idea for an activity: Where's TAT?, the closest guess gets a prize.

I think we need to have the event early enough to load Tat down with out TB's!

Thumbs up CITO or Not?

Not that I want to take away from this event but from what you say Tat, the Agamenticus park is very clean. Don't you think we need to choose an area where there is a definate need for a CITO event?. I think we as cachers, really need to take a close look at why we would have such an event and that is to really help out an area that truely needs the help and to also promote geocaching as a positive thing. With all the bad rap that is going on about this activity I think some good PR would go along way. I am sure that there are many areas of the state that are in dire need of a good cleanup? What are everyone else's feelings? I know people like to get together but I think we are loosing the real meaning of a CITO. I havent ever been to a CITO event but how much trash at the last events there have been carried out? Let's not forget why we have such an event,it's not just a social gathering, which there is nothing wrong with. CITO CACHE IN TRASH OUT Just my thoughts.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Actually, most parks in Maine are quite clean. We should schedule a CITO event in New Hampshire! LOL!

Default To Cito or Not to Cito...

That is a good question, Haffy.

I was even thinking that it is dis-service to list this as a Cito event, and was considering listing it simply as an event cache. I don't like the idea of taking credit for doing work and not really doing anything but having fun.

Here's a little history: The Mt A event started before I had ever heard of caching. The first year the I went, we did a fair bit of cleaning around the parking lot. The next year, I found a place that is not actually part of the park but, is private land and put a "one day only cache" there. The idea was for each person to clean a little of the mess. The problem is, though, it is so steep that it is too dangerous. Especially considering that even if it is not raining, it is most likely to be very wet that time of year. Last year, there was only a few candy wrappers and maybe a cig. butt of two.

Perhaps we should try to figure out what cache area needs CITO the most and have one there. I know of several that are in Maine that DO need cito.

The April date probably should be reserved for a real CITO event since it is part of the GC.com plan.