vb:literal>

Thread: Geodashing?

Post Geodashing?

I came across this on Buxley's web page. Has anyone heard of it?Geodashing - Getting There is All the Fun
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I see that there are a group of these "dashpoints" in Maine, and one quite close to Dexter. If I hadn't just started digging out, I'd be on my way! LOL!

Thumbs up Cool

I hadn't seen this. Just checked it out - looks like fun!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Post Random waypoints

On Buxley's Portland page there are 4 February points. It seems that these are random points. I guess one could be in your backyard. First one to all four points wins. We could do this as Maine cachers, or maybe we should start a team. Get to the waypoint and take a picture.
    Last edited by Team2hunt; 02-13-2005 at 06:00 PM.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Post The waypoints where?

With some time on my hands and in the area, I decided to go after one of the geodash waypoints. Armed with all the geocaching aids, I could only get as close as .35 on the roads. Being it was only 7:00am, I decided not to wake the local household to get permission. It's in the Durham area, just off I-295 or is it now I-95. Oh well now I can see how this form is not so popular. You can go to Buxley's Portland Page and get the points. N43 52.746 W070 07.086 it is listed as still unvisited. I do not plan to give up, just better plan my trip.

Well, I see that there is now one only 7 miles from my house. If it were spring or summer, I'd have been on my way by now. But with a foot or more of snow, temperature of 7, and a stiff wind....

I think I'll wait for warmer weather! LOL.

It's here: N45 02.556 W069 43.386