vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sadness fills the air today...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    (the real kicker was that I lost my beloved GPS72 while hunting that day too... I didn't realize I lost it until I found myself lost... )
    you will be all set if you kept your magellan from the beer & wings event! (i am glad that you didn't get hurt.)
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket View Post
    you will be all set if you kept your magellan from the beer & wings event! (i am glad that you didn't get hurt.)

actually it was pouring down rain that day, the magellan would have been to soggy to read.... (but that's probably the reason why I didn't hear it hit the ground... I have an idea of the area it might be in... but its about 1sq mile of really thick friggen puckerbrush... )
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Hey buddy . . . sorry to hear about your double loss . . . I really am . . . even if it was only a Jeep and a Garmin.

All kidding aside, if you need anything let me know (short of a $40K loan to buy that Hummer . . . I was thinking more along the line of a ride somewhere, borrowed vehicle -- as long as you don't pull out in front of any large trucks -- help searching for the Garmin, etc.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Oh I forgot to add something pretty important . . . they make new vehicles every day, but Hirams are pretty darn unique . . . glad you didn't get hurt in any way (other than your pride perhaps.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

actually it was pouring down rain that day, the magellan would have been to soggy to read.... (but that's probably the reason why I didn't hear it hit the ground... I have an idea of the area it might be in... but its about 1sq mile of really thick friggen puckerbrush... )
    jake and i wondered why you got the only model that was not waterproof!

Post the coordinates, it'll make a great first finders prize! Cache is within .5 mile of posted coordinates!!!

jake and i wondered why you got the only model that was not waterproof!
    Waterproof?? that thing was bulletproof, that's the same GPS that spent the winter being plowed around the parking lot in front of my apartment, the one that I jumped into the river after to retrive it as it floated downstream after falling off of a train trestle bridge, the one that has caused me to climb mountains more that once in one day because it decided to go back down as I was still going up, the one that has found me over 300 caches, the one that has over 50k miles logged on the odometer! that was "THE" GPS... and now it's gone... gone... *sniff* did i mention, gone???

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    (short of a $40K loan to buy that Hummer . . .
    HUMVEE!! NOT A HUMMER!! THERE'S A DIFFERENCE!!

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Post the coordinates, it'll make a great first finders prize! Cache is within .5 mile of posted coordinates!!!
    well, if you know where the cache is on streaked mt. just head about 5mi NW of there, and youll find a large patch of land (about 500 some acres...) it's out there somewhere where the thick stuff meets the pines about 500' from the stream...

Waterproof?? that thing was bulletproof, that's the same GPS that spent the winter being plowed around the parking lot in front of my apartment, the one that I jumped into the river after to retrive it as it floated downstream after falling off of a train trestle bridge, the one that has caused me to climb mountains more that once in one day because it decided to go back down as I was still going up, the one that has found me over 300 caches, the one that has over 50k miles logged on the odometer! that was "THE" GPS... and now it's gone... gone... *sniff* did i mention, gone???
    you silly! i meant the magellan model that you had! we thought you would have gotten one of the waterproof models!

Wink a compass would do better

you silly! i meant the magellan model that you had! we thought you would have gotten one of the waterproof models!
    Naw, Hiram would never actually pay money for a magellan...so that leaves the non-waterproof 2D version.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

lol, oh yeah, that one! well... i suppose i could laminate it...