vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garmin update

[QUOTE=robt;45455]I would say I would also be a bit leary in dealing wiht this person for 2 reasons.

1. The software is not packed in Garmin's packaging, IE in a clamp Shell. This smells of at best a grey market product if not a pirated product.

2. The ip used for this member to join is for an isp based in India. From what I know their is not internet providers in the portland area who's IP space was issued for india. My thought is that this person is either 1 not in portland or 2 is doing something to conceal where they truely are located.

Sheesh! You can't use reason #2 - I already said that!

[quote=WhereRWe?;45456]
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    I would say I would also be a bit leary in dealing wiht this person for 2 reasons.

1. The software is not packed in Garmin's packaging, IE in a clamp Shell. This smells of at best a grey market product if not a pirated product.

2. The ip used for this member to join is for an isp based in India. From what I know their is not internet providers in the portland area who's IP space was issued for india. My thought is that this person is either 1 not in portland or 2 is doing something to conceal where they truely are located.

Sheesh! You can't use reason #2 - I already said that!
    I was just trying to support your comment by the fact that I know of no ISP in the portland area that would be useing an ip from india is all.

Thanks folks for being on this - when an ISP doesn't match a profile - I just wonder why they are allowed on the website - but hey, just a question?!

Default I agree.....

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Thanks folks for being on this - when an ISP doesn't match a profile - I just wonder why they are allowed on the website - but hey, just a question?!
    on this one. First post and it looks suspicious. IMHO....
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    on this one. First post and it looks suspicious. IMHO....
    Yeah, I agree - why are they allowed in.........

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Yeah, I agree - why are they allowed in.........
    I receive notification of all new members to send them a formal welcome. If one looks suspicious, I pass my concerns to Rick (Attroll - our webmaster) who makes the decision to delete or not. Usually, other members are never aware that they were ever here but in this case, since the "new member" posted a message, I felt the need to comment in the forums.

We can't keep a "new member" from joining, the only thing we can do is catch the fake ones after they join. If anyone else has a concern about a new member, they should let Rick know.

In a lot of the Internet fraud cases that I investigate, they use the name "Henry". Most claim to be from within the US, but the IP always comes back overseas. Coincidence...?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint367 View Post
    In a lot of the Internet fraud cases that I investigate, they use the name "Henry". Most claim to be from within the US, but the IP always comes back overseas. Coincidence...?
    Just curious Saint367, what is it that you do for a living that you investigate internet fraud cases?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Just curious Saint367, what is it that you do for a living that you investigate internet fraud cases?

Caribou PD

...just loads of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Sheesh, Haffy! Worried about getting caught?

(JUST KIDDING!!!)