vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: nature conservancy

Wink EMS D has computer glitch!

Just kidding, picking on ya cause it posted your response twice...

Geocaching withdrawl is a serious condition, one I'm ailing with too! I've been on and off sick for a while now and keep seeming to miss all the great snow days! I want to get out there!!

Sick or not, I'm looking forward to the cache event this weekend, hope you are too! Even with snow, we're sure to find caches, special ones for the event is the rumor I'm hearing. Plus camping for those hard core to get some real cabin relief!!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    . . . My current problem with geocaching is: I am soooooo irritated with all of this snow! I think I'm going into geowithdrawal......
    Dan
    Oh I don't know . . . it's getting to the point now where I'm pretty happy with the snow . . . maybe if we got a bit more. . . . Of course this is the time of year when I switch over to my other hobby of snowmobiling.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Thumbs up TNC Cacher

Just recieved a nice email; from the guy from TNC and it appears to me that he has answered all of my questions. He appears to have been experimenting with filters and had some issues. His letter to me was nice and showed that he had spent time finding out who I was and my caching style, in other words to me it appears that he is doing all that he can to clear up the issue. Please continue to show support for the TNC and its effort.

On a second note I think that it is great that we have this much snow already, but not very happy with the ski day (I mean snow days) we have been having recently. Looks like graduation on the fourth if it keeps up. Have been skiing 38 day this season already as of today. Looks like another great and long snow season. Enjoy it while you can because before you know it will be June and the snow will be gone, so sad.
    We hate mindless caches placed in the woods without a reason, nothing but the cache in a plastic bag on a tree.

Smile Thanks Northwoods!

Thanks for the update! I'm sure that puts a lot of us at ease. We love helping out newcomers, but it's often frustrating when communication is lacking on either end. Glad we can all work things out!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

I also received a nice note from DJ that helped me understand what had happened. He apologized for any trouble and for the delay in his response to my email. In the end, there was no harm just a learning experience.

Now as for the snow… I’m good.

Maybe I shouldn’t have put out the “Let it snow” cache.

The Nature "CONSPIRACY" Conservency is notorious for not sharing its holdings with anyone but birds and squirrels. So dont be suprised if they get apeplectic about geocaches.

Where the hell is that thing?

Question Final Resolve to the TNC Issue

Ok, sounds good to me....experimenting with filters...I do the same each morning when I make coffee. Just showing everyone how simple I really am. Now, perhaps, some of the questions have been answered. But for my own peace of mind....have all those "found it" entries been deleted knowing that the caches were never visited or "found"?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    The Nature "CONSPIRACY" Conservency is notorious for not sharing its holdings with anyone but birds and squirrels. So dont be suprised if they get apeplectic about geocaches.
    Hi ya Homer . . . welcome to geocachingmaine.org.

So tell us your thoughts about Roxanne Quimby . . . or Matt Polestein. . . . . . . now where's that fishing rod of mine?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I've heard of Roxanne but Matt Polestein? Educate me would yah.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I've heard of Roxanne but Matt Polestein? Educate me would yah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s56yS99PPFw