vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: nature conservancy

A software glitch is a possibility. The one cache that didn't have a log did have one. The cache owner chose to remove it because he is offering a nice FTF prise and the cache has yet to be found . I have let GPSFUN know about all of this and he is looking in to it. It may be after the holidays before we know for sure what happened.

Smile

The individual does work for TNC and has been in communication with me and with folks at Groundspeak over the past couple of weeks. My conversations with Daniel have been completely reasonable.

I have a voice mail in to him to discuss this, but given the season he may not be back in the office right away.

I've been communicating with Team Richards on this today as well.

My wild guess at the moment is that he is marking cache that are not in TNC lands, but that is just speculation on my part. (Just wanted to let you know that I can speculate just like anyone else can.)

I will let everyone here know the result of my conversation with him; in the mean time, please give him the benefit of presuming good intentions.

Thanks.

-Brad

Quote Originally Posted by gpsfun View Post
    The individual does work for TNC and has been in communication with me and with folks at Groundspeak over the past couple of weeks. My conversations with Daniel have been completely reasonable.

I will let everyone here know the result of my conversation with him; in the mean time, please give him the benefit of presuming good intentions.

Thanks.

-Brad
    Guess my post has been taken as ill intended which was not the purpose. For that, I will apologize. Was just wondering what was happening.

Lois-Ann

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Guess my post has been taken as ill intended which was not the purpose. For that, I will apologize. Was just wondering what was happening.

Lois-Ann
    I was not passing judgment on any particular post; if any one perceived it that way please accept my apologies. My intent was to let everyone know that I'm on it and will provide an update after I have talked to Daniel.

-Brad

Quote Originally Posted by gpsfun View Post
    I was not passing judgment on any particular post; if any one perceived it that way please accept my apologies. My intent was to let everyone know that I'm on it and will provide an update after I have talked to Daniel.

-Brad
    Brad - certainly not directed at you - you are a dear. Tis' the season to be kind. But I felt a nudge from others - that aside - Let's all have a Merry Christmas!

Lois-Ann

Default software glitch....eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I'm thinking there may have been a software glitch somewhere. Search state of Maine by recently placed. His logs are every cache on the first three pages, most smiley faces, a few notes, all with the same log. Maybe GC stuttered one of his logs into a mess? Every single cache on pages 1-2 except for 1 cache that hasn't been found yet was logged. Nothing from page 4 on (in my limited searching). I'd say that GC might have had a problem with a multiple post???
    WOOHOO!! I'll have 2500 caches by morning.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

i have had a few lenghty communications with dan and found him to be very reasonable and very pleasant.

today i archived the caches he asked me to earlier in the month - it just took me a while to be able to part with them, i guess.

dan has offered to work with me to place earthcaches at both crockett cove and barred island. he also helped me get my crockett cove cache container back from brunswick without my having to go there to get it.

i look forward to working with dan to have earthcaches in these two places so more people can enjoy the beauty of this island.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Hello all,

As Team Richards indicated, I have a $25 first to find bounty on a cache. Imagine my surprise when I found a log claiming a find with simply a date!
    When I saw that he had claimed 54 finds that day in geographically diverse areas of the state, I was skeptical to say the least. I immediately e-mailed him for confirmation, but to date have received no response.

After another DNF on my cache confirmed no evidence of his visit (the snow had not been disturbed), I deleted his log. I have reserved judgment on the others, as I have not had a chance to check them. I have since heard that he did sign the log sheet on one of the caches in Yarmouth.

I choose to believe there is no malice in his actions, a misunderstanding as to accepted logging protocols perhaps. I also eagerly await any clarification that may be forthcoming.

Ed

Lexmano

Just to add one more..... grenier posted a "find" at one of my caches, at the Tunk Lake boat landing along with all the others on that day. I went there and he had NOT signed the log. He had not found it earlier and posted it that day. So I deleted his log entry and wrote to him telling him so, with no response back from him. As far as I know, he would have had to go to the cache page, click on "found it", and then written his comments. Now I'm seeing the possibility of a computer "glitch"...which is way beyond my simple knowledge base. Either way, glitch or not, he did NOT visit/find my cache, he did not sign the log, so his log entry stays deleted. I suspect all of the other 50+ "finds" he made that day will be the same. I find it odd (but telling) that nobody gets any replies from him. I look forward, with patience, to seeing how this all turns out and I have all the faith that gpsfun will get to the bottom of it and let us all know the results. The good news is: that was back in 2007... now just a memory. My current problem with geocaching is: I am soooooo irritated with all of this snow! I think I'm going into geowithdrawal......
    Dan

Thumbs down

Just to add one more..... grenier posted a "find" at one of my caches, at the Tunk Lake boat landing along with all the others on that day. I went there and he had NOT signed the log. He had not found it earlier and posted it that day. So I deleted his log entry and wrote to him telling him so, with no response back from him. As far as I know, he would have had to go to the cache page, click on "found it", and then written his comments. Now I'm seeing the possibility of a computer "glitch"...which is way beyond my simple knowledge base. Either way, glitch or not, he did NOT visit/find my cache, he did not sign the log, so his log entry stays deleted. I suspect all of the other 50+ "finds" he made that day will be the same. I find it odd (but telling) that nobody gets any replies from him. I look forward, with patience, to seeing how this all turns out and I have all the faith that gpsfun will get to the bottom of it and let us all know the results. The good news is: that was back in 2007... now just a memory. My current problem with geocaching is: I am soooooo irritated with all of this snow! I think I'm going into geowithdrawal......
    Dan