vb:literal>

Thread: "Nature Walk" makes the news...

Smile "Nature Walk" makes the news...

There was a nice piece during the 5:30 report on WABI TV 5 News tonight, which gave many positive comments about caching. The reporter also followed along with a group of students searching around the Fields Pond Nature Center for Parmachenee's Nature Walk cache. The group learned to use a compass and a GPSr, donned snowshoes and headed for the cache with their pockets full of treasures. Unfortunately, due to snow cover, they did not make a find. Hopefully, these new cachers will try again after the melt.

Default Nature Walk

I arrived at the Field's Pond Nature Center just after the News left to give a presentation on Geocaching to this group. We then proceeded to the Nature Paddle cache via ice and snowshoes rather than boats and paddles and they had a successful find. It was a great group of potential cachers and they were fun to watch as they made the trek to the cache and a "find". The people at the Nature Center thanked me for putting the caches there as they had brought much attention to the Center and the activities they incorporate into the camps they have there. Geocaching reaches out!!!

Cool as a moose!

I love to see articles on geocaching, and we should promote the "sport" whenever we get a chance.

Hey, Frank - we won't get to see you on TV then? LOL! I hope at least they gave you credit for the cache.

Sheesh! Since we got DirecTV and TIVo, it must be 8-9 years since we've watched local TV. Did we miss anything? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Hey, Frank - we won't get to see you on TV then? LOL! I hope at least they gave you credit for the cache. LOL!
    My two minutes of "fame" missed by two minutes!! And I didn't even see the news clip.