vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Caches that should be retired.

Exclamation Caches that should be retired.

I know that we have a place for cache rescues, however. Some of these have been inactive for so long I don't feel there is much chance of them being saved and repaired by the owners. Especially the ones that the owners haven't been active for monthes or even years. I went through a bunch and posted a note requesing they be archived. Maybe then some reviewer at GC.com will notice that no one has done anything about it. I just get sick at looking at caches with lines through them week after week.Some even have notes from the owners saying they will be back up shortly. Like last April for instance. If anybody feels the way that I do feel free to add a "Should be archived note" to the caches in question. It may just take several voices to be heard. Of course these are just my opinions. And here are my smilieys so I don't hurt anyone feelings. Thank you for your support.

I saw your logs, and I agree with you. I posted notes to at least one of them, hoping the owner would read it and do something. Despite having logged onto the site and obviously getting the log, nothing happened. I guess that's when it's time to seek the intervention of an approver.

I think in some hider's cases, the owner doesn't cache much, and most likely prints a printout that day and heads to one or two caches. They don't see the issue the rest of us have with disabled or otherwise needy caches showing up on our closest caches list or coming through our PQs.

And then there are those from away that place knowing they can't maintain caches.

Others are just busy, like JustJen aka Geochicks- do something with those caches, will ya??

Default China School Forest cache

I have noticed that this has been disabled for quite some time so I got in touch with the owner about adopting this cache and he said go for it as he has no time for it anymore. This has a special significance for me as it was my first found cache,thanks to Brdad who met me there and showed me how to use my GPS, Thanks Brdad for doing this. So I have notified GPS fun our approver here in Maine of my intentions and am waiting for a reply as I speak. I probably won't be doing anything with it til spring though,and that goes for my cache on French's Mountain as well.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default I'll be darned!

As a result of my requests to be archived. "The Strip" where Msteelee and I happed to both be there on the same day was just archived by the owner. He did because of the nice way I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    I have noticed that this has been disabled for quite some time so I got in touch with the owner about adopting this cache and he said go for it as he has no time for it anymore. This has a special significance for me as it was my first found cache,thanks to Brdad who met me there and showed me how to use my GPS, Thanks Brdad for doing this. So I have notified GPS fun our approver here in Maine of my intentions and am waiting for a reply as I speak. I probably won't be doing anything with it til spring though,and that goes for my cache on French's Mountain as well.
    This location was really nice - a great resource for the school. Too bad it has been allowed to run down. And a great place for a cache. Glad Haffy is going to adopt it.

Nice Job, brad. He said he'd replace it in Sept, I guess that date has gone by, eh?

And nice of haffy to adopt, that was a good spot.

For those wondering, there are currently 45 caches disabled in Maine!
    Here they all are. Remember, some of these are rightfully disabled, let's not reqest the entire list to be archived. But for the others, maybe someone knows something here about the cache or owner and can look into why it is disabled.

GC8746 1.5 million dollar view
    GCJ1EE A Bridge Over Historic Waters
    GCHBT1 A Narrow(s) Escape
    GCK6MP A Place to Watch
    GCG4CM A.S.P.
    GCKJDD Apple Acres Cache
    GC8950 B52 CRASH STASH
    GCKPDF Barnes Leap Signature Cache
    GCGKBB Bay Bridge Landing Cache
    GCGQ2M Bicentennial Park One
    GCJW17 Birch Point Cache
    GCG34Q By the Piggery
    GCHQF5 Chicken Cache
    GC9E3D China School Forest
    GCKDF0 Collins Pond
    GC5052 Deer Isle Smile
    GCGB0Y Deja Vue Falls
    GCJK2M Did you say Caesar Salad?
    GCG6QC Dorr Steps
    GCJ1ET Fields of Old
    GCJJKR Fort Hill Cache
    GCJFZR French's Mountain
    GCG9MF Gilbert School Cache
    GC67BA Gleasons Trove
    GC2A79 Heart Pond Stash
    GCGVGQ "It's not the Allagash Cache...."
    GC774F Kayak Cache - York River
    GCJZ1W Launch Lookout
    GCF80D LBC
    GC8A26 Lead Mtn. Golden Cache
    GCHYDF Lobster Lounge
    GCHCJD Mt. Ararat Fire Tower (Formally Scott's Sourdough)
    GC1647 North Isleboro
    GCHH54 Old Man Cave
    GCK8HH Old Narrow Gauge Cache
    GCGGT7 Owl's Head Delight
    GC5F9B Smalls Falls
    GCGBYD The Evergreens Cache
    GCJK5E The Pen is Mightier than the Sword-North
    GCJDBX The Rips
    GC4DF0 The Strip
    GCGQF7 The Trestle Nestle
    GC55FB The Wigazee
    GCJM6G UMM College Party Cache
    GCGVJ5 Under the Mighty Oaks
    Last edited by brdad; 02-12-2005 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Nice Job, brad. He said he'd replace it in Sept, I guess that date has gone by, eh?

And nice of haffy to adopt, that was a good spot.

For those wondering, there are currently 45 caches disabled in Maine!
    Here they all are. Remember, some of these are rightfully disabled, let's not reqest the entire list to be archived. But for the others, maybe someone knows something here about the cache or owner and can look into why it is disabled.

GCK6MP A Place to Watch
    Sheesh! Guilty, guilty, guilty!

But (always an excuse, right?) after this cache was geomuggled, I've been at a loss as to what to do to replace it. I WILL NOT replace it with a micro - hate the darned things - but even a small cache in this location is ripe for discovery.

I thought it was a great location, though, and I've been working an idea for a replacement. Bear with us - we'll get it back up...

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Others are just busy, like JustJen aka Geochicks- do something with those caches, will ya??
    I'm working on it!! Actually now that Colleen is older (she's 4 today!), and been fully potty trained, once the snow is clear, we are going to cache some more. It was just hard before with a child in diapers!

1. get cache
    2. exchange items
    3. change daughters diaper
    4. carry stinky diaper out with you

But we know our caches are in desperate need of help!!

Just don't get it mixed up and put stinky diaper in cache!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    Just don't get it mixed up and put stinky diaper in cache!!!
    We've got 2 kids ourselves, so we know about "dirty diapers", but finding a nasty thing in a parking lot or along a trail is one thing that REALLY winds me up.

Glad Geochicks' young'un is "trained" now! LOL!