vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caches that should be retired.

Hybrid View

Exclamation Caches that should be retired.

I know that we have a place for cache rescues, however. Some of these have been inactive for so long I don't feel there is much chance of them being saved and repaired by the owners. Especially the ones that the owners haven't been active for monthes or even years. I went through a bunch and posted a note requesing they be archived. Maybe then some reviewer at GC.com will notice that no one has done anything about it. I just get sick at looking at caches with lines through them week after week.Some even have notes from the owners saying they will be back up shortly. Like last April for instance. If anybody feels the way that I do feel free to add a "Should be archived note" to the caches in question. It may just take several voices to be heard. Of course these are just my opinions. And here are my smilieys so I don't hurt anyone feelings. Thank you for your support.

I saw your logs, and I agree with you. I posted notes to at least one of them, hoping the owner would read it and do something. Despite having logged onto the site and obviously getting the log, nothing happened. I guess that's when it's time to seek the intervention of an approver.

I think in some hider's cases, the owner doesn't cache much, and most likely prints a printout that day and heads to one or two caches. They don't see the issue the rest of us have with disabled or otherwise needy caches showing up on our closest caches list or coming through our PQs.

And then there are those from away that place knowing they can't maintain caches.

Others are just busy, like JustJen aka Geochicks- do something with those caches, will ya??

Default China School Forest cache

I have noticed that this has been disabled for quite some time so I got in touch with the owner about adopting this cache and he said go for it as he has no time for it anymore. This has a special significance for me as it was my first found cache,thanks to Brdad who met me there and showed me how to use my GPS, Thanks Brdad for doing this. So I have notified GPS fun our approver here in Maine of my intentions and am waiting for a reply as I speak. I probably won't be doing anything with it til spring though,and that goes for my cache on French's Mountain as well.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    I have noticed that this has been disabled for quite some time so I got in touch with the owner about adopting this cache and he said go for it as he has no time for it anymore. This has a special significance for me as it was my first found cache,thanks to Brdad who met me there and showed me how to use my GPS, Thanks Brdad for doing this. So I have notified GPS fun our approver here in Maine of my intentions and am waiting for a reply as I speak. I probably won't be doing anything with it til spring though,and that goes for my cache on French's Mountain as well.
    This location was really nice - a great resource for the school. Too bad it has been allowed to run down. And a great place for a cache. Glad Haffy is going to adopt it.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Others are just busy, like JustJen aka Geochicks- do something with those caches, will ya??
    I'm working on it!! Actually now that Colleen is older (she's 4 today!), and been fully potty trained, once the snow is clear, we are going to cache some more. It was just hard before with a child in diapers!

1. get cache
    2. exchange items
    3. change daughters diaper
    4. carry stinky diaper out with you

But we know our caches are in desperate need of help!!

Just don't get it mixed up and put stinky diaper in cache!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    We've got 2 kids ourselves, so we know about "dirty diapers", but finding a nasty thing in a parking lot or along a trail is one thing that REALLY winds me up.

Glad Geochicks' young'un is "trained" now! LOL!

I'd be interested to see if Down by the "sea" is still there and active. I posted a "did not find" back in November asking about it but haven't heard anything about it. I've got a unique travel bug there (though it hasn't been properly logged in yet) and am curious.

Only did that once or twice....

I can see the log entry now, "Took McToy, left used diaper"...

-RanMan22