vb:literal>

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Caches that should be retired.

Thumbs up Well done!

That's really nice to see that they are going to stay with it. Maybe they will actually go out and find a cache now.
    Happy Trails!

Default Relocating or changing existing caches

My husband, our kids and I are mostly "local" geocachers, and there are lots of great caches within 20 miles or so of Brunswick. We also have a few on Swans Island (I'm still chagrined that Parmachenee searched all over for one cache that has yet to be found on the Island, since it had the incorrect coordinates until 2 DNF's led me to triple-check and correct my error....)
    Anyhow, we've thought that it might be a good idea to move caches after a year or two. For example, we were thinking of changing Bradley Pond to a multi-cache, to encourage people to walk the entire loop trail, so folks could see all of the land that the Brunswick-Topsham land trust is preserving for the future. Pirate's Plunder has been accused of being a "drive and dump" (or is it "dump and drive"), so we could move that one further from the end of the road.
    This would encourage people to re-visit some very nice areas in their local environs. What do y'all think about that?

Default Sounds like a great idea...

to me. It would not only make for some new areas to be seen, but would also give people some "new" caches to discover. I can think of quite a few that could stand to be refreshed as such. Who knows, maybe you can start a trend.
    Happy Trails!

Default Pirates Plunder

Mainepod: As a kayaker, I always love to find places like this. But, when I did Pirates Plunder, I had to come back a few times in order to keep from annoying other people who were trying to enjoy the place and to keep them seeing me find the cache. Moving this cache a little further away would make it much better.

Thanks again for the cache!