Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: AtV freindly caches

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    In the interest of going off track as we frequently do here at gcmaine.org . . .

    Dubord . . . do you do wills or can you recommend someone that can do simple wills . . . this is something my wife and I have thought about doing. Also, is it possible to be emancipated from a child . . . the only emancipation I tend to hear about generally involves a child being emancipated from an adult.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    In the interest of going off track as we frequently do here at gcmaine.org . . .

    Dubord . . . do you do wills or can you recommend someone that can do simple wills . . . this is something my wife and I have thought about doing. Also, is it possible to be emancipated from a child . . . the only emancipation I tend to hear about generally involves a child being emancipated from an adult.
    Keep in mind jake that this is the ORCA section of the forums and probably the biggest violators of the threadjackings are *cough* orcas....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer,ME
    Posts
    2,575

    Cool Ya....well....except....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Keep in mind jake that this is the ORCA section of the forums and probably the biggest violators of the threadjackings are *cough* orcas....
    No one really reads these posts other than ORCAS. So no one really cares!!!!
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Cool Who Reads This?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    No one really reads these posts other than ORCAS. So no one really cares!!!!
    Ahhh, ahhh - on occasion of the fireman carry down from bedroom on Level 2 to Groundfloor on Wednesday - Ralph called me a whale (just kidding) - I read the posts! Do enjoy offroad - as CM1 will attest just have never traveled the journey with you all yet........ Hope I can keep up.

    Just glad I was not on Warren Island or out with you camping in the snow when things decided to not work well

    Anyway - if you go camping before I return from the South - like, have a great time! You all deserve it!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So. China Maine
    Posts
    1,588

    Default Wills

    Let me preface this by stating I do not advertise so if any of would like to know about areas in which I practice, please feel free to e-mail me at ddubord@dubordlaw.com. That said, yes, wills are the bread and butter of my practice. Most people can get by with simple reciprocal wills,mom and dad to each other than to their children. You also need an Advanced Health Care Directive (what that poor girl in Florida, Terry Schiavo, did not have) which names people who would make medical decisions for you if you could not make them yourself.( Bet you've heard of these if you've run with ambulances or rescue squads) Lastly, a Durable Power of Attorney is part of my "package" which allows the named designate to make financial decisions for you and sign documents if you cannot. The cost for this is much less than you would think and you can call me to discuss that if you'd like. I'd be happy to do these things for you. (Office phone is 872-2743. Anyway, I'm off until Wednesday, work that day and then head to Jupiter Florida to cache and bake in the sun. I'm bringing the laptop so I can stay in touch with you guys. Sleds on China Lake and 3 Mile Pond today. Let the games begin!!!!!!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

  6. #26
    dí76 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Let me preface this by stating I do not advertise so if any of would like to know about areas in which I practice, please feel free to e-mail me at ddubord@dubordlaw.com. That said, yes, wills are the bread and butter of my practice. Most people can get by with simple reciprocal wills,mom and dad to each other than to their children. You also need an Advanced Health Care Directive (what that poor girl in Florida, Terry Schiavo, did not have) which names people who would make medical decisions for you if you could not make them yourself.( Bet you've heard of these if you've run with ambulances or rescue squads) Lastly, a Durable Power of Attorney is part of my "package" which allows the named designate to make financial decisions for you and sign documents if you cannot. The cost for this is much less than you would think and you can call me to discuss that if you'd like. I'd be happy to do these things for you. (Office phone is 872-2743. Anyway, I'm off until Wednesday, work that day and then head to Jupiter Florida to cache and bake in the sun. I'm bringing the laptop so I can stay in touch with you guys. Sleds on China Lake and 3 Mile Pond today. Let the games begin!!!!!!

    OHHH!!!!!!!!! sleds on ponds. UH OH DIFW just did a peice on the news about the ice the other day. Maybe you should contact them about wills. HEHEHE, someone will be at the bottom of a pond by the weekend you watch. Be safe all you guys that ride.

    Happy holidays.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Let me preface this by stating I do not advertise so if any of would like to know about areas in which I practice, please feel free to e-mail me at ddubord@dubordlaw.com. That said, yes, wills are the bread and butter of my practice. Most people can get by with simple reciprocal wills,mom and dad to each other than to their children. You also need an Advanced Health Care Directive (what that poor girl in Florida, Terry Schiavo, did not have) which names people who would make medical decisions for you if you could not make them yourself.( Bet you've heard of these if you've run with ambulances or rescue squads) Lastly, a Durable Power of Attorney is part of my "package" which allows the named designate to make financial decisions for you and sign documents if you cannot. The cost for this is much less than you would think and you can call me to discuss that if you'd like. I'd be happy to do these things for you. (Office phone is 872-2743. Anyway, I'm off until Wednesday, work that day and then head to Jupiter Florida to cache and bake in the sun. I'm bringing the laptop so I can stay in touch with you guys. Sleds on China Lake and 3 Mile Pond today. Let the games begin!!!!!!
    This sounds perfect . . . I'll try to catch up with you when you return from your Florida vacation. Thanks for the reply.

    RE: Sleds on ponds . . . maybe I am a little too cautious, but I am still staying off the ponds and lakes. I blew a corner yesterday on the sled (well actually I drifted on the hard packed trail and the powder just sucked me off the trail) . . . figured I would ride it through and jump back on the trail . . . instead I ended up getting mired in about six inches of thick mud. Took my brother and me a bit to break the suction and get it out . . . still plenty of wet holes and running water out there . . . some of it just hidden below the snow.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So. China Maine
    Posts
    1,588

    Default

    I'm with you brother. I won't venture onto 3 Mile Pond until a whole pile of people have been out and about. My home was used as a staging area for the warden service a few years ago when a guy drove his 4 wheeler thru THREE inches of ice. Not pretty. Did a DU cache at the Richmond exit yesterday on way to Portland. I spent about half an hour chatting with a Richmond Police officer who wanted to know "What the heck are you doing down that bank digging in the snow? What's in that box?" Anyway, she is interested in caching, has a cub scout troop, now has our site info, my recommendation for a GARMIN gps, sorry, so maybe another convert. First time I've stood in front of a cruiser with lights on and not been concerned about the number of points on my drivers record. Dianne's family today, mine tomorrow and Christmas. We will be a Caching Karen's get together on the 27th. Merry Christmas to you, your family and the rest of the cachers out there.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Wow...I started this post a long time ago and lost track of it and found it again..thanks to all of you. We rode the trails in Newport...nice but rail trails can be boring..also rode most if not all the trails out of Bingham..most caches are great..Deathwish ,CRAZY..but a little off the trail: Foster's Solitude...awesome but again off the trail. Foss Pond boat launch..fun, I could go on but again attributes show ATV and they are off the trail. I don't like to get landowners mad so we miss a lot of caches that we probably could ride right up too. Would LOVE more info about the trail out of The Airline Diner so firfighter jake you seem to be the pro, please give me more info...camping, caches, fall lodging..Thanks!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Norway, Maine
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Gee racatv, perhaps you could email the cache owners and they could mail you the log. Would that be easy enough?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •