vb:literal>

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Camping...

Default Winter Camping...

Well, we've got the snow!!

So whos organizing the winter campouts????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

hmmm,, Winter camping again........ Now I just need kids winter camping gear, some cold winter dog gear and I am all set. I wonder if Ethan would have fun with it? And the bigger question would his Mom let me take him?

Thumbs up I'm ready

I just need to wait till after Christmas I think. Let's plan something for January. All we need is a campsite on a woodlot.
    Happy Trails!

This summer, thanks to a few Geocaching friends, I learned to love "real" (that means without the hard side or pop up camper) again. My daughter actually got me started when we went to the 2006 Kayak event.

Now, memories of winta camping with my kids in High School are not so bright. I was the only "Mom" with over 30 kids. They dug their little holes popped their tents in and I was worried - would I be warm enough at night? And then..........

As night fell, I was informed the "chaprones" were not tenting but rather being allowed to use a camp on the land where we were billeted. The First Aid station was in the camp. So, although I got cold and wet throught the day on our cross country ski adventures - my night after the campfire was warm and snuggly.

Soooooo, although I am getting to love camping and will certainly go some more this summer.....I will maybe, enjoy, some day time things this winter. You all, enjoy! As I know you all can and wil!

Default Test Camp?

If you are thinking of a spot, let me know. A couple of us are thinking of camping out in the very near future and would be glad to test out an area if it's not too far away. We won't have time to plan a big campout or event and it may be on a weekday. I am sorry, but I have no more details than that. TAT starts working weekends soon and wants to get in a winter campout.

Now, when planning the big one... I'll help, but please avoid these dates if at all possible:
    January 27th (Celebrate 2007 Event)
    February 9th to 23rd (I'll be in Guatemala)

I only work 2 days a week and work still gets in the way! I'm free the rest of the year, next year I'll be working Friday and Saturday night, all night. It sure would be nice to get out now that we have all this snow!

Alrighty! We have the snow! we have the people! now we need the spot...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Lightbulb how far is too far?

What about the Maine Wilderness Camps in Topsfield (East of Lincoln)?

That's where the 2007 Tread Lightly Event was based. They have a lake (icefishing), logging trails (snowmobiling, xc skiing and snowshoeing), they have large open areas (snowman building contests), and they're real Mainahs (open year round!).
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Smile

Do they have a Marriott and a Sushi bar?

Don't they have some cabins? That would be nice