vb:literal>

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Camping...

Smile

That's a VERY generous offer. So....How many people can be in your sauna at one time? Do you keep the hot tub going this time of year? How many feet of extension cord will I need to bring to run an electric blanket? And does Sushi last ok in really cold weather, like today?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    That's a VERY generous offer. So....How many people can be in your sauna at one time? Do you keep the hot tub going this time of year? How many feet of extension cord will I need to bring to run an electric blanket? And does Sushi last ok in really cold weather, like today?
    Sauna?? Hot Tub??? Sushi?? now *THAT"S* an event!! I hear Brdad **loves** sushi!! I'll even bring some!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Heee, heeee - I had my hot tub ready to go at the Apres event in September and everyone was to busy sitting around the campfire......

Rick and Tink are great a host and hostess - they are very generous!

Lightbulb 12th Night at Ricks??

Well, I've determined that the Maine Wilderness Camps in Topsfield bring back memories of the Jeep for Hiram, which he's still tearing over ; and I'm feeling like organizing an event there in 2 weeks without Hiram's help is just not possible! Hiram has event superpowers that few other cachers posess...
    But I think Rick and Tink are definately event superheros and can pull off a fun winter camping experience in their backyard, if they so choose.
    So, my idea, posted here to be shot down or carried, is that we have a camping event at Rick's January 6th, with an optional early start Friday the 5th for us 2-night campers
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Question That's up to Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Well, I've determined that the Maine Wilderness Camps in Topsfield bring back memories of the Jeep for Hiram, which he's still tearing over ; and I'm feeling like organizing an event there in 2 weeks without Hiram's help is just not possible! Hiram has event superpowers that few other cachers posess...
    But I think Rick and Tink are definately event superheros and can pull off a fun winter camping experience in their backyard, if they so choose.
    So, my idea, posted here to be shot down or carried, is that we have a camping event at Rick's January 6th, with an optional early start Friday the 5th for us 2-night campers
    Yes I too like to go for two nights, but I would feel it a bit much there at Rick's. At a campground would be one thing. Keep in mind we still have to have little things planned for like bathrooms, etc. The wilderness camps are just so far to go after work. I do like the idea of a twelfth night camping trip. We just need to iron out the details. Myself and the heaters I mean dogs will be ready to go.
    Happy Trails!

Default Here's a spot

The following is from the website of Recompence Shores Camping area in Freeport:

Winter Camping

Recompence offers a unique winter camping experience for groups or individuals. While many sites are closed for the winter months, our protected sites will remain open for this wonderful opportunity. Winter camping is done by reservation only. Tent sites are $20.00 per night. Cottages are $80-$85 per night and this includes wood. Remember, there are no showers or running water and this is primitive camping. Email us for more information.
    Happy Trails!

That sounds like a great area to camp in,wish I was there.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    The following is from the website of Recompence Shores Camping area in Freeport:

Winter Camping

Recompence offers a unique winter camping experience for groups or individuals. While many sites are closed for the winter months, our protected sites will remain open for this wonderful opportunity. Winter camping is done by reservation only. Tent sites are $20.00 per night. Cottages are $80-$85 per night and this includes wood. Remember, there are no showers or running water and this is primitive camping. Email us for more information.
    Dude, Bangor to Topsfield is the same time as Bangor to Freeport....
    But if it's $20 INCLUDING wood than it'd be a better deal than MWC...
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Default This is true

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Dude, Bangor to Topsfield is the same time as Bangor to Freeport....
    But if it's $20 INCLUDING wood than it'd be a better deal than MWC...
    However it is much closer for you and Karen. And I can make it faster since it all interstate. Life is good. I want to do MWC this winter too. Charlotte will have to have her Jock fix sometime over the winter.
    Happy Trails!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    However it is much closer for you and Karen. And I can make it faster since it all interstate. Life is good. I want to do MWC this winter too. Charlotte will have to have her Jock fix sometime over the winter.
    Well, we'll let Rick and Karen respond. If not by end of next week, then I say we head north.