vb:literal>

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Winter Camping...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    ok, so,

1) Whos bringing the wood
    2) do we need to call ahead?
    I am going to bring some, enough for at least a limmited fire on Friday. I can't bring as much as we had last year! If anyone else wants to bring in more, even better.

The park wants me to call tomorrow and let them know the plate number of each of the cars we park. If you're planning to come, please pm me your plate number and I'll let them know.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    I am going to bring some, enough for at least a limmited fire on Friday. I can't bring as much as we had last year! If anyone else wants to bring in more, even better.

The park wants me to call tomorrow and let them know the plate number of each of the cars we park. If you're planning to come, please pm me your plate number and I'll let them know.
    I don't know my plate number by memory. Maybe if work is slow tomorrow, I'll PM ya
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Default Mine is

GOCACHR of course
    Happy Trails!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    GOCACHR of course

Really??? I guess that's what dyslexia can do, I thought it was geocachr with an e...
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Really??? I guess that's what dyslexia can do, I thought it was geocachr with an e...
    i dont think maine has plates with 8 letters yet...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Great Tat, Hiram and I will call Jake and see if he's coming or can at least get us wood for at least Saturday night.
    Hi ya Steph . . . got your phone message late last night . . . if you really want to dig through 3 feet of snow for slab wood or junk wood that I cut up a few years back you can do so . . . other than that and some scrap wood I don't have any firewood kicking around since I don't heat with wood.

If you're not choosey and have a saw a lot of times you can get free hardwood pallets at local stores for free . . . another option would be to check any local sawmills which might have some free softwood slabs.

Sorry . . . my "woods operation" is more of a summer-time set-up.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

No problem Jake, This is Maine, I'm sure there's some wood to be had without too much effort. I googled "firewood Maine Dixfield". Got a lot of hits, some of them were, well, not at all what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    No problem Jake, This is Maine, I'm sure there's some wood to be had without too much effort. I googled "firewood Maine Dixfield". Got a lot of hits, some of them were, well, not at all what I expected.
    Now if you had hit me up for some wood this summer. . . . well that would be a different story.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Great Tat, Hiram and I will call Jake and see if he's coming or can at least get us wood for at least Saturday night.
    Oh yeah . . . forgot to mention . . . got your e-mail this a.m. I will be out sledding this weekend . . . my brother-in-law might be coming up so I will not be camping.

Unhappy 10-4 we'll miss ya Jake

uh...wood...how can I say this delicately...

Tat, I guess you're in charge of finding fire wood, we'll be around to help haul it into the site though! We'll see what we can do Saturday in preperation for Saturday night necessities, I guess.

I'm off to Dick's soon