vb:literal>

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Winter Camping...

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    I dunno, I think we should have medical attention handy...
    I'm bringing some Screechin' Hot Apple Cider, for medicinal purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    44 40.835
    70 26.793
    Thanks Tom. I know where you are talking about now. I am assuming that parking is at the entrance to the park. I will see what I can do but it is 4:30 in the morning now and I have not gone to bed yet.
    Blazing Troll

Default Winter camping......

And it will be FREE. For those of you who will be coming to the " Grab your Snowshoes " event on Feb 2. Bradbury Mountain State Park has allowed us to winter camp for the event. The event has been posted. Please email, call, PM, or post on the event page as to your intentions, as they will need prior notice of those camping overnight. The cache page has the link to the park.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Thumbs up camping past and camping future

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Thanks Tom. I know where you are talking about now. I am assuming that parking is at the entrance to the park. I will see what I can do but it is 4:30 in the morning now and I have not gone to bed yet.
    Sorry you couldn't make it Rick , but it was a real hike in or should I say out, cause out it was uphill! But it was worth it! We had a shelter for cooking and we dug out the fire pit, which was brick! Everyone left dry and safe Can't wait for the next trip! (Which if it's not an improptu on the 19th will be T2H event on the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    And it will be FREE. For those of you who will be coming to the " Grab your Snowshoes " event on Feb 2. Bradbury Mountain State Park has allowed us to winter camp for the event. The event has been posted. Please email, call, PM, or post on the event page as to your intentions, as they will need prior notice of those camping overnight. The cache page has the link to the park.
    Can't wait T2H!! Aaron's really worn from dragging our sled out this past weekend, what a trooper!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Sorry you couldn't make it Rick , but it was a real hike in or should I say out, cause out it was uphill! But it was worth it! We had a shelter for cooking and we dug out the fire pit, which was brick! Everyone left dry and safe Can't wait for the next trip! (Which if it's not an improptu on the 19th will be T2H event on the 2nd
    I could not make it Saturday because the web server was having some issues that needed my attention and I was on the internet all day working on the server.

I was in the area of Weld today. I was pretty close to the park on my snowmobile and I was thinking about coming buy one my sled but it was sometime after lunch and I figured you all had left by then so I did not bother.
    Blazing Troll

We were out before lunch.

I think we all had fun, 7 the first night and 4 the 2nd night.

Here are some random thoughts, in case we decide to come back some other time:

We found firewood at Camp Laroweld at the north end of the lake. There was enough parking for about 15 cars. The trail head in mainly used by snowmobilers, so cars need to be packed as close as posible. The shelter had one picnic table inside and several buried in snow outside. There was enough room to put up quite a few more tents, so perhaps as many as 10 tents could have fit. The trail is just under a mile on a groomed snowmobile trail and just less than a quarter mile of snowshoe/ski trail. There is one steep pitch that would be hard on skis. There are also many other sites, not near the shelter, so the park could handle a bigger group.