vb:literal>

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowshoe Event

Default Snowshoe Event

I will plan to have my snowshoe event in March. I am looking to see which weekend will work for the most people who would like to join us. I will be centering the event around the Southern Maine area, probally Freeport. There are plenty of caches in the area to snowshoe to. I haven't come up with a place to meet, but that will come soon enough.

So who wants to come and what weekends will work? There are 4 weekends and I would like to hold it on a Saturday. That leaves....

8, 15 , 22 and the 29th.

Of course it's being held no matter what the weather.

Snow should not be a problem.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Ok - so do you have inside skinny? Which weekend were we going to do the Pirate Event?? heee, heee - no, just kidding - you are all set - we are moving it to a bit later (info will follow soon).

FYI - the weekend of the 15th is the Sportsman show in Orono and probably Augusta (it was last year) too and also the weekend of Palm Sunday. Weekend of the 22nd is Easter weekend.

Those big weekends will matter to some. A Saturday event may not effect anyone.

Depending on the itininery, I might join you (even in Freeport) but the Sportsman Show weekend is out as I will be working Thursday - Sunday - 14 hour days on the show. I don't snowshoe a lot better than I cross country ski or walk down a trail but I do have a good time and am a good sport. Do you have anyone lined up with a wrecker for those who fall down?

Too bad those snowshoe coins weren't done

Smile

Sounds like fun! Dianne and I have two 700 cc 3 cylinder Yamaha snowshoes, each capable of locating a whole bunch of caches in a real hurry! But alas, we both have Tubbs snowshoes and will come whatever weekend you choose. We can bring the Yamahas but not sure the town of Freeport is ready for that type of deal. Sounds llike fun, while we're new, we like doing it in the snow!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I will plan to have my snowshoe event in March. I am looking to see which weekend will work for the most people who would like to join us. I will be centering the event around the Southern Maine area, probally Freeport. There are plenty of caches in the area to snowshoe to. I haven't come up with a place to meet, but that will come soon enough.

So who wants to come and what weekends will work? There are 4 weekends and I would like to hold it on a Saturday. That leaves....

8, 15 , 22 and the 29th.

Of course it's being held no matter what the weather.

Snow should not be a problem.
    So is this going to be a camping event as well?
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Sounds like fun! Dianne and I have two 700 cc 3 cylinder Yamaha snowshoes . . .
    Ah, my kind of snowshoes . . . although I run with a 583cc engine and a much lighter two-cylinder two-stroke Skidoo Rev which makes floating across the snow fairly easy . . . I know it's a big difference in weight and floatation compared to my old 500 sled.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I can't wait for basketball to be over. I am hoping that we will be able to make it, especially so close to home but my oldest should be playing in tournaments in March. This is our first year of travel team and I'm not quite sure how all that works out. It could be an excuse for new toys. Fudd's been wanting to get snow shoes for sometime and I didn't ask for anything for Christmas this year.
    Slowly but surely

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    I can't wait for basketball to be over. I am hoping that we will be able to make it, especially so close to home but my oldest should be playing in tournaments in March. This is our first year of travel team and I'm not quite sure how all that works out. It could be an excuse for new toys. Fudd's been wanting to get snow shoes for sometime and I didn't ask for anything for Christmas this year.
    You sound like a snowmobile buddy of mine . . . his boy is on a travel team and local team and he's pretty much told me that riding on the weekends until March will be non-existent for him.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    You sound like a snowmobile buddy of mine . . . his boy is on a travel team and local team and he's pretty much told me that riding on the weekends until March will be non-existent for him.
    Yeah I didn't realize just how much of a family commitment it would be but now a days, with these multi town schools, the kids need to be really good to make the school teams in 7th grade. Kind of stinks because we were all looking foward to the Elf event recently but there were 2 games that day too.
    Slowly but surely

Yeah I didn't realize just how much of a family commitment it would be but now a days, with these multi town schools, the kids need to be really good to make the school teams in 7th grade. Kind of stinks because we were all looking foward to the Elf event recently but there were 2 games that day too.
    I think my buddy will be out of "action" for quite awhile . . . his son is only in the 3rd grade, so by my reckoning my friend Joe will be going to basketball games for at least nine more years. That said, my friend wouldn't trade the experience for any amount of snowmobiling . . . and I can't say as I blame him.

It could be an excuse for new toys. Fudd's been wanting to get snow shoes for sometime and I didn't ask for anything for Christmas this year.
    Last year, my daughter and I got awesome aluminum snowshoes marked down for clearance at Sam's Club right after Christmas. You just have to Love those after Christmas sales. Santa can put $ in my stocking!