vb:literal>

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowshoe Event

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    How come I think you are talking about me?

No coal this year, but I do have some Gritty's!

How's it coming? Well right now I can have it whenever I can make it. Since no one has posted a preference.

wait a minute... if we hijack the thread we get Gritty's!?!?!!?!?!

SO HOW BOUT THEM YANKEES!!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default here's how it is coming.....

I have not decided on a date yet. But the Saturdays of either 22nd or the 29th are the 2 dates that are probally going to work. I am currently working on a bookmark listing, of areas to snowshoe in. This cache GCGJQ6 Cox Pinnacle is listed and that will take you to the bookmark.

Link: GCGJQ6 - A Traditional Cache in Maine, United States called Cox Pinnacle created by Chickadee98, Dragonfly, Popps, and freddi...

More info will come as things progress. One of the meeting places I am looking into. Bradbury Mountain State Park. Open all year, plenty of caches, nearby snowshoeing, and a picnic area.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

One of the meeting places I am looking into. Bradbury Mountain State Park. Open all year, plenty of caches, nearby snowshoeing, and a picnic area.
    Isn't there winter camping there too?

Default camping....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Isn't there winter camping there too?
    Yes there are 41 campsites here. I'm not sure if they are available during the winter months. I am going to check after the first of the year.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I have not decided on a date yet. But the Saturdays of either 22nd or the 29th are the 2 dates that are probally going to work. I am currently working on a bookmark listing, of areas to snowshoe in. This cache GCGJQ6 Cox Pinnacle is listed and that will take you to the bookmark.

Link: GCGJQ6 - A Traditional Cache in Maine, United States called Cox Pinnacle created by Chickadee98, Dragonfly, Popps, and freddi...

More info will come as things progress. One of the meeting places I am looking into. Bradbury Mountain State Park. Open all year, plenty of caches, nearby snowshoeing, and a picnic area.
    Do they plow the parking lot for Cox Pinnacle during the winter? We would need parking space.
    Blazing Troll

Default parking.......

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Do they plow the parking lot for Cox Pinnacle during the winter? We would need parking space.

Yes the parking area here is plowed by the town. I will not be using this area as a meeting place, but an area to snowshoe in. I only included it as a link to the bookmark listing.

I have split up the areas to snowshoe in, into 4 seperate areas. I have no idea how many people will turn out. It would be difficult for 15 cachers to all venture out together. Last year when we did Etna Bog. That was a large wide open space, and a long trail, large enough to accommodate 15 people. The 4 different areas also provide differing levels of snowshoeing. Not everyone wants to climb a hill on snowshoes.

Default What was I thinking...

I awoke early this morning with a terrible thought. " What was I thinking? " A snowshoe event in Maine in late March. How much snow, if any would we have? I have rethought the idea and have decided to make it early February. Somewhere in between Celebrate 2007 and the WWWWWW4 events. I think it will be February 2, a Saturday. More to come very soon. I will have the event posted in the next 2 weeks.

It will be " Grab Your Snowshoes...2008 "

Will you have a beginners class?

Default Planning....

I have been receiving some help with the planning of the event. It will be in such a place that all cachers will be welcome. There will be snowshoe and non-snowshoe caches nearby, both beginner, and intermediate. The event will be around mid day and offer an outdoor pot luck after the caching. Something like a chilli, or soup. Something hot! Nothing too fancy.

Almost like camping.......

Exclamation It's posted

Grab your Snowshoe Event, February 2 at Bradbury Mountain State Park.
    Whether you snowshoe or not. Come on out and join us for a great day of fun in the snow.

There is winter camping available for those who wish to hang around Saturday night. Please let me know your intentions in your "attending" log. I have to give them a one week notice, and head count.