vb:literal>

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowshoe Event

Gary

Where will everyone be spending the night? Will it be in the actual park or on the east side of the road?

Will there be room if I were to come and park my truck with my snowmobile trailer?

What kind of facilities will be available to people to use?
    Blazing Troll

Default good questions...

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Gary

Where will everyone be spending the night? Will it be in the actual park or on the east side of the road?

Will there be room if I were to come and park my truck with my snowmobile trailer?

What kind of facilities will be available to people to use?
    The winter camping is on the east side of route 9 in the camping area. Everyone will have to park in the day use area parking lot. There should be enough room for the trailer. The park has a few outhouses still open and there is fresh water near the ranger station. There's also a Quality Inn just around the corner..... Come and enjoy the great outdoors!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I am planning to come to this as well, and also try this winter camping
    (nice to know there is a hotel around thie corner!)

I see Brad plans to camp - anyone else?

I was thinking of coming up Fri to stay for 2 nights, anyone else?

Default One night for me on this one I think

By the time I get out of work I don't know if I'll want to head down there. You never know however. It depends on others plans. Not sure if we are allowed two nights camping anyway. Gary?
    Happy Trails!

Default If you want to

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    By the time I get out of work I don't know if I'll want to head down there. You never know however. It depends on others plans. Not sure if we are allowed two nights camping anyway. Gary?
    I only made arrangements for Saturday night. If anyone wants to start early and camp Friday night. You will have to call and make arrangements.

Ranger contact: 207-688-4712
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Do you think the trails are packed enough to do without snowshoes?

Thumbs up Yes, your choice

Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup View Post
    Do you think the trails are packed enough to do without snowshoes?
    Troy and I went over yesterday, and while some people chose to snowshoe the trails. We had no problem hiking to the top in our boots. We have placed a link to trail conditions on the cache event page.

I could easily have pulled out my crampons, or stabilizers and played around on some of the icey spots. We chose Bradbury Mtn.State Park, so people could come and enjoy the area, and the caches, no matter what their skill level on snow was. You can hike, snowshoe, x-country ski, snowmobile, even ride a horse through the park.

And dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash.

Thanks for the trail update. Maybe next year we will have some snowshoes under the tree. We had been spoiled the last few winters and have been able to cache without snowshoes without any problems.

Thumbs up Weather is looking good!!

As of now it looks as if we may get decent weather to camp in. I am so ready. The pups haven't gotten to go out with me in forever. I can't stand seeing those sad eyes any more
    Happy Trails!

Talking Puppies!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    As of now it looks as if we may get decent weather to camp in. I am so ready. The pups haven't gotten to go out with me in forever. I can't stand seeing those sad eyes any more
    Ok so they're not puppies anymore, but i miss them too!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods