vb:literal>

Thread: Maine Pirate Quest 2008

Thumbs up Maine Pirate Quest 2008

Well ye mateys ......... it is coming. The ship's log has been full this fall and winta.....but we be a plannin' on when to com ashoa and gather. Ya all be watchin' for the news.

Now, a couple of our crew discovered a bounty gathein' last summa in Rockland. It was a worthy time. Plenty of plunda too.....so for thos a ya who are inta this they are gathin' again this year. Tha chart says they will comashora on Harbor Park, Rockland, Maine - August 23-24, 2008 - heras the link http://www.downeastpiratedays.org/

now keep watchin' this log as we'ill have more on the cache event soon............

Question What treasure was there to hold?

Is this Downeast Pirate event a geocaching event??
    Shivey me timbers! Pirates from New York!!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Is this Downeast Pirate event a geocaching event??
    Shivey me timbers! Pirates from New York!!
    Sorry if this was confusin' - To clarify - no - not a Geocaching event!

The Downeast event is a public event (well, geocaching ones are too - really ) and a fund raiser for Children's Miracle Network I believe. Put on by Pirate buffs. I thought some of you might be interested. The Cache Maine team was able to attend this event last year and pick up some good ideas.

Maine Pirate Quest did draw a number from "away" last year. To come from Canada is no small journey and we had folks from there last year. I would suspect the same may happen this year. We should start a map - yes, we should have a map!

Stay tuned - more will follow.