vb:literal>

Thread: Virtual Caches

Exclamation Virtual Caches

I am, after being a die hard cacher, a military enthusiast, and I had a great idea for a virtual cache, where I'd set it up at a memorial, and I got archiaved, because I could put a cache at the sight. I have another virtual sight in mind, yet it's close to a military instalation, and call me foolish, but some how the Department of Defense might not be too happy with the bear for caching in his neck of the woods. What do you think?

If you visit a virtual-rich area like Washington DC (Where regular caches are not allowed), you can see why gc.com had to put such restrictions on virts.

Look around and see if there is an area not far away for a traditional cache, and make the virt a fist stage for a multi. If that's not easily possible, and it's not such a good area to put a real cache there, it's probably your best bet to move on to another area.

Default Log only cache

I can see why exchanging trinckets can trivialize the purpose of the monument. But, providing a log at the site gives cachers a chance to express themselves at the moment. I know that by the time I get home to log a cache, I have lost a lot of the meaning of the place.

Check your local sporting goods store for a waterproof map bag, they're just big enough to hold a log. And, they're small enough to fit almost anywhere.